Suggestions for Single board computer

ahmedeshra

As the title says i would like suggestions on SBC.

requirments:

Gigabit Ethernet

Fast boot times

Thanks in advance.

Raspberry Pi? I think a 2 is pretty enough for what you said, and a 3 is probably better. I don't know because I had a 2.

What's your budget?

There are ITX motherboards with cpu soldered onto them and with integrated video and everything ...

There's also socket AM1 based systems, just plug cpu and passive heatsink and a memory stick and a usb stick to boot OS from and you're done.

Here's a link to such products, check each one to see if it has network port and if it's 1000 mbps : http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007623 8000 50001157 50001312 50001314 50001315 50001414 50001441 50001442 50001521 50001944&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&order=PRICE

This one does, just add a ddr3 stick and you're done: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157594&ignorebbr=1

Or this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135391&ignorebbr=1

That consumes waaaaaaayyyyy too much power

I was looking for an ARM Board such as the Odroid-c or the pine64+.

I will be streaming 2 usb webcams connected to each port over ethernet

The pi uses a central hub with no where enough bandwidth.

3 hours ago, ahmedeshra said:

That consumes waaaaaaayyyyy too much power

I was looking for an ARM Board such as the Odroid-c or the pine64+.

How much is too much power?

An AM1 based system can hover at around 20-25 watts measured at the wall when configured with a classic mechanical hard drive. There are AM1 motherboards with DC In connector in which you can plug a common 19v laptop adapter and a cheap socket AM1 processor, and if you get it to boot from a SSD the total power consumption will probably be under 20 watts. Such motherboards save you from having to use an ATX power supply.

Here's such a motherboard : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157491

A quad core 1.3 ghz cpu is about 38$ ... amd 3850.. plenty of processing power to stream to video cameras. If you want more the quad core 2.05 ghz amd 5350 is about 5$ more expensive at around $43 and has the same tdp, same power consumption.

You should be more clear about what exactly you're aiming for. If you want something to power from 5v adapter or from a couple of USB connectors (or a li-ion battery bank) , maybe raspberry pi is what you need, otherwise you have plenty of solutions like the one above. 

They will be in an enclosed space.

Max 10 watts

Something like:pine64+

or odroid c2

Edited by ahmedeshra
Add more usefull info

The banana Pi has gigabit Ethernet but I do not know the boot times

59 minutes ago, ahmedeshra said:

the orange pi plus 2e has eMMC storage so it should be fast

Why do you need gigabit ethernet though?

Otherwise a j1800/j1900 celeron is only 10w for the max tdp, most are passively cooled on an itx board.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •