Is Jet.com a reputable retailer?

Tweed

With the TRIPLE15 promo code going on for 15% off of your orders (max $30 off), should I order my PC parts off of jet.com? Or should I just stick to amazon and newegg. The benefits of jet.com would be definitely lower price because of the 15% off, no tax, no shipping fee. I've never used jet.com or heard anything about it really so I'm a bit skeptical.

This is what one of my friends told me: http://imgur.com/a/E2gu5 . So idk what to do.

First thing I see when going to their site is this. Would you buy something here? I doubt

ncjb83.png

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

First thing I see when going to their side is this. Would you buy something here? I doubt

ncjb83.png

They have PC parts. And with 15% off.

1 minute ago, PlayCrackTheSky said:

Jet is legit.  They are new though...only launched a year ago.  

I've bought plenty of stuff from them..  Never had an issue.

So how does warranty work? Like if I buy a graphics card or a motherboard and it has problems, will EVGA or Asus cover it?

5 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

First thing I see when going to their site is this. Would you buy something here? I doubt

ncjb83.png

Why wouldn't you?  

Just now, PlayCrackTheSky said:

Why wouldn't you?  

I haven't bought anything from them but it feels like walmart. You don't buy gpu from walmart or bestbuy. Well but again I never bought anything from them so I could be wrong

4 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

they're ok.

What do you have to say to them?

Just now, Tweed said:

What do you have to say to them?

A friend bough some parts from them, and they worked and they were cheap, but they are a little sketchy

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Jet.com was recently bought by Walmart... it's reputable. Your friend is right; they're a third-party website that sells products which are shipped by other retailers such as Newegg.

Nowadays, most people just exploit the promotional codes and whatnot. But they're certainly not as sketchy some people make them out to be.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

A friend bough some parts from them, and they worked and they were cheap, but they are a little sketchy

Yeah I feel the same. Like I know that Jet.com buys in bulk from Amazon, Costco, Walmart, etc. and I don't know if warranty gets covered if I buy a gpu or mobo etc.

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

I haven't bought anything from them but it feels like walmart. You don't buy gpu from walmart or bestbuy. Well but again I never bought anything from them so I could be wrong

They are an amazon competitor.  They sell the same stuff amazon does and work in the same way that amazon does.  

Would you buy a gpu from amazon?

I've purchased pc components from jet with no issue...and cheaper than anywhere else.

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Jet.com was recently bought by Walmart... it's reputable. Your friend is right; they're a third-party website that sells products which are shipped by other retailers such as Newegg.

Nowadays, most people just exploit the promotional codes and whatnot. But they're certainly not as sketchy some people make them out to be.

So how does warranty work on a product? Like an SSD from samsung, 5 years of warranty and what not.

1 hour ago, Tweed said:

So how does warranty work on a product? Like an SSD from samsung, 5 years of warranty and what not.

At least in the US warranty's are handled thru the manufacture and not the retail. UK has rules that I know of that puts burden of warranty exchanges on retailers. Fun fact..... Walmart is buying jet.com (https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/07/walmart-buys-jet-com-for-3-billion/) So Id say they should be rock solid if a company like Walmart is gobbling them up. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Tweed said:

I believe warranty is fulfilled by the manufacturer like any other product.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder