Memory usage building over time and does not come down without restart Help !

So over time my memory usage goes up to the point it reaches 80% or something crazy like that . The bad part is that is not going down , if  i want it to come down i have to RESTART the pc , Turning it of and then On again  doesn't do anything . This started happening after i upgraded to windows 10 , but i also installed classic shell so ...

another thing is that if i look in the task manager when it says 80% or whatever % and look for apps that are using large amounts of memory well , i cant find any ,only sometimes  the system and compressed memory

My specs

I7 4790k , 

16 GB Ram

Gtx 980

Windows 10 Home 

Msi Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard

Pls help ! :D

5 minutes ago, Fulgeralbastru said:

So over time my memory usage goes up to the point it reaches 80% or something crazy like that . The bad part is that is not going down , if  i want it to come down i have to RESTART the pc , Turning it of and then On again  doesn't do anything . This started happening after i upgraded to windows 10 , but i also installed classic shell so ...

another thing is that if i look in the task manager when it says 80% or whatever % and look for apps that are using large amounts of memory well , i cant find any ,only sometimes  the system and compressed memory

My specs

I7 4790k , 

16 GB Ram

Gtx 980

Windows 10 Home 

Msi Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard

Pls help ! :D

Upgrading to Windows 10 as opposed to a fresh install has a whole host of problems associated with it. For me it was my Start menu failing to work. It's just glitchy as hell. If this problem only started since the upgrade, it's a likely culprit. Back up your stuff and do a fresh install and see if that changes anything. Or if someone else has a different idea, perhaps use what I said as a last resort.

It's probably some sort of unwanted hardware that is causing this.
Go Ctrl + alt + delete -> task manager and check through the list to see if there are any weird programs causing this, and try getting rid of them

2 minutes ago, olesien said:

And why did it just randomly reply twice? -.-

Its the whole site, its taking like 30 seconds to submit replies again.... not the first time.

And BTW (to the original topic starter) do you have any antivirus software? i would do a full scan just in case.

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

12 hours ago, olesien said:

It's probably some sort of unwanted hardware that is causing this.
Go Ctrl + alt + delete -> task manager and check through the list to see if there are any weird programs causing this, and try getting rid of them

Usually there is nothing weird in my task manager , and most of the time even if it says that im using 80% of the ram im not seeing any programs that use at least half a gig of ram , the most i have seen was System and compressed memory using like 2 or 3 gigs , but that does not happen everytime , as i said mosst of the time i cant see any program using 80 % of the 16 gigs , and im sure even if i add up the memory all apps that are displayed there use , they wont add up to 80%

1 hour ago, Fulgeralbastru said:

Usually there is nothing weird in my task manager , and most of the time even if it says that im using 80% of the ram im not seeing any programs that use at least half a gig of ram , the most i have seen was System and compressed memory using like 2 or 3 gigs , but that does not happen everytime , as i said mosst of the time i cant see any program using 80 % of the 16 gigs , and im sure even if i add up the memory all apps that are displayed there use , they wont add up to 80%

I had an insane amount of quirks on one Win10 machine, and yet NONE on another. basically, Win10 is still garbage :P

But when it works its great.

I had a similar issue of excessive RAM usage. Reading around... Win10 is aggressive in its caching.

Fully Disable the Superfetch Service and Restart.

Mine came good after that, like NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCES.

Open notepad, save the below text (after the start line and before the end line) as .reg extension and run the file:

--------------- START ----------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\TimeBroker]
"Start"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SysMain]
"DisplayName"="Superfetch"

---------- END -----------------------

OR

1. windows key + r
  2. type services.msc
  3. disable superfetch ( stop it and set it to off)
  4. restart pc
  5. boom no more memory leak

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2016 at 0:03 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

I had an insane amount of quirks on one Win10 machine, and yet NONE on another. basically, Win10 is still garbage :P

I had a similar issue of excessive RAM usage. Reading around... Win10 is aggressive in its caching.

Open notepad, save the below text (after the start line and before the end line) as .reg extension and run the file:

OR

1. windows key + r
  2. type services.msc
  4. restart pc

Did not work also im pointing out that turning off the pc does not clean ram ussage i have to restart the pc . shouting it down wont clean anything.... 

2 minutes ago, Fulgeralbastru said:

Did not work also im pointing out that turning off the pc does not clean ram ussage i have to restart the pc . shouting it down wont clean anything.... 

Reinstall windows it sounds like a memory leak, or a virus.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

On 03/09/2016 at 0:03 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

OR

1. windows key + r
  2. type services.msc
  4. restart pc

i will , i tried to update to windows 10 aniversary edition thinking that that will do the trick but no....

Thx anyway guys , ill try to finish witcher 3 first since i dont want to downlopad that beast again (tho ill prbably just backup my save file anyway)

2 minutes ago, Fulgeralbastru said:

i will , i tried to update to windows 10 aniversary edition thinking that that will do the trick but no....

Thx anyway guys , ill try to finish witcher 3 first since i dont want to downlopad that beast again (tho ill prbably just backup my save file anyway)

Copy the Witcher3 Directory + GAMEFILES somewhere.

So you have the files for a quicker install next time.

If your not sure how to backup and re-install games easier, google your distro+method.

Something along the lines of

ie: "Steam - have files how to reinstall game"

"Origin - How to reinstall game when I have files already"

Many people do this, and it works 99% of the time.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz