Trying to get a career in IT / No Experience/ NO HIRE, PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!

THENIXSTER1975

Sorry for the caps guys , but I have natural technical abilities.    I have been into computers most of my life,  my first Computer was A commodore 16, later moved on to an MSDOS machine.   I am good with upgrading, repair, etc but every tech job I have ever been its always been   "You don't have any experience, we can't hire you."       My end goal is to be a software developer,  I love the challenge of programming.  Any advice would be more than appreciated .  Thanks,

Nicky

I am currently working on these certifications, which I know should help:

A+ Certification

MCSD

C Certification

C++ Certification

12 hours ago, THENIXSTER1975 said:

Sorry for the caps guys , but I have natural technical abilities.    I have been into computers most of my life,  my first Computer was A commodore 16, later moved on to an MSDOS machine.   I am good with upgrading, repair, etc but every tech job I have ever been its always been   "You don't have any experience, we can't hire you."       My end goal is to be a software developer,  I love the challenge of programming.  Any advice would be more than appreciated .  Thanks,

Nicky

A+ Certification

MCSD

C Certification

C++ Certification

start with a job somewhere like geek squad. they hire on no professional experience and care more about you as a person and your acquired skills. (i work for the company) it also looks very good on a resume because they are highly regarded

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

How old are you? The Commodore 16 is from 1984 and MS DOS was the Late 80's to the late 90's, so that would make your late 30's early 40's.

29 minutes ago, THENIXSTER1975 said:

-snip-

Do you have any programs under your belt?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

37 minutes ago, THENIXSTER1975 said:

Nicky

A+ Certification

MCSD

C Certification

C++ Certification

bestbuy's geek squad ?

they hire anyone with basic certifications (A+)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

13 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

How old are you? The Commodore 16 is from 1984 and MS DOS was the Late 80's to the late 90's, so that would make your late 30's early 40's.

not nessesarly
im 19 and the first pc I had ran windows 3.0

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

get your certs.  most places, especially lower end ones, dont care about a degree in anything, they just wants experience. the certs show you have the experience(thats the idea anyways).

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 9/2/2016 at 0:51 AM, THENIXSTER1975 said:

@SlipperyPete...........Thank you so much for your advice, once I get my A+ Certification, this is the first place I am applying.

no problem man. good luck to you. let me know how things go :)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

On 9/2/2016 at 0:52 AM, CUDA_Cores said:

How old are you? I was also looking for a job in IT or something similar at least in tech over the summer and I gave up and ended up getting a job at mcdonalds. Sorry dude, but employees don't seem to give a shit about education these days, just your experience. Get a dead-end low-end job somewhere (like mcdonalds) then quit the job every 6-months and work your way up (like office depot, best buy). i plan to do this. 

On 9/2/2016 at 1:10 AM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Im going to take a Guess of 40-41  i have no knowledge of commodore 16 or when it was out But Id bet money im right.... lol  just putting 1+1 together 

He says his name is nicky  and his fourm name is thenixster1975 im going to guess thats not his lucky number 

On 9/2/2016 at 0:44 AM, THENIXSTER1975 said:

Find a place to volunteer for. For me, I helped set up the infrastructure of a small book store. I set up their PC's, cameras, and threw a switch in there. Get somebody you can use as a reference, and accept that you won't get paid for it. 

I am 25 and here in Europe its super easy to get a IT job.

You can get a IT job in less then a week.

But diploma's dont really count much its all about expierence. Sadly usually you need to start at a ICT servicedesk and answer phones etc. and build up from there.

If  your +35 it will be difficult to find a job in the IT world because your just too old.

Only if your certificated "proffesional" then you will find a nice job with a huge salary.