Processor and mobo for gaming build

Hi guys,

So I followed some advice a while back and got a decent pc from a not decent price and have been doing my research for some time.   Just wanting some advice/tips on what processor and new mobo I should go with.    My pc is mainly gaming and I had a gigabyte 990GA-A3 mobo with FX9590 processor and a 290x gpu with 750w gold series power supply.   I bought an evga 980ti hybrid on a whim and an Asus 4k monitor.   My power supply is tapped out running the 9590 at 5 Ghz and the 980Ti so I have been looking to go back to Intel cpu.   I'm eyeballing the I7 6700k skylake because it's 60% less power consumption in boost mode compared to the 9590.  Any insight from anyone would be helpful.   Thinking the Z710 pro gaming mobo to support the rig.   Also have an AIO corsair liquid cooler for the I7 if it fits.     Thanks guys 

Sorry, forgot to post ram specs.   I have 2 8gb gskill rip jaw series ram.  

if that's ddr3 ram pcpartpicker only lists 4 mobos that support ddr3, and the 6700k doesn't claim to support ddr3. That being said the 6700k will perform great, kaby lake is very unlikely to be an improvement worth waiting for and zen, if claims are true, should come in a little less powerful than the 6700k.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Wait until Zen is released but I can guarantee you will not regret getting any of the new Intel chips if Zen flops.

Thanks guys.   I'll have to look up kaby lake and zen not sure what they are lol.  And yeah the ram is ddr3.   So I suppose itso another thing to add to the list.