Corsair C70 Vengeance Liquid Cooled Military Build

Hi everyone,

I am about to liquid cool my slightly-modded military themed C70 Vengeance case and I thought I'd do some before and after stuff. It's a work in progress and I would love some advice from you guys!

*Note the H100i was sent for RMA and will soon be my brother's (I'm lucky I kept the stock cooler!).

First thing I did was change out the factory side window for something acrylic and added some bullet holes:

WCEol5D.jpg

DfDre26.jpg

I then modded the reset button to open my DVD drive:

XzlHiHF.jpg

Here's a couple interior shots:

PPKDEVH.jpg

KnWhPbA.jpg

Did you make those bullet holes by shooting them? :o That's awesome!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Did you make those bullet holes by shooting them? :o That's awesome!

They don't look like they are real. Or maybe it's just the window that makes them look unreal.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Haha no I used a drill to make the holes and a chisel/a lot of patience to make the cracks. The acrylic is tougher than I thought it would be!

Looks amazing anyways. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

I'm planning on making a backplate for my GTX 670 with a 3D printer and giving it a camo paint job. That blue PCB makes me cringe!

Apparently there is room for a dual 140mm rad on the bottom of this thing but it looks like it'll be really tight so I'm just going to go with the dual 120mm on the bottom and a dual 140mm rad on the top.

Here's the liquid cooling stuff I plan on adding:

JEQKRJp.png

wow, so beast. those bullet holes are wowh, i mean,, wow . i think other people will copy you now, you've started a new trend but blue graphics card pcb is a no no

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

wow, so beast. those bullet holes are badass.  but blue pcb graphics card is a no no 

Haha yeah that will definitely be getting covered with a custom backplate! Stay tuned for CAD concepts and pics!

Love the bullet holes, nice original idea!

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Looks like a cool build, ill be following.

Jacob Charles IV

Great build. I recently did a build for my brother in that case. Not the biggest case but loads of room to fit stuff. Great work with the details. Looking forward to the final build. Love the stealthed DVD drive

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

I hpe you didnt make those holes while it was on the case :P and post some pics of the stealth cd drive pls

I hpe you didnt make those holes while it was on the case :P and post some pics of the stealth cd drive pls

Glad you guys like it! I got the idea to hide the DVD drive behind the case cover from a YouTube video but I took it a step further and instead of just pushing on the false-front in the right spot to contact the button, I soldered on a + and - extension on the underside of the drive switch (some dis-assembly required). I routed those wires around back and plugged them into the reset switch leads (instead of plugging it into the mobo). To get the case to act as a false-front I took the front facing off my DVD drive and stuck the C70 part on with double sided tape.

*Note the actual DVD drive switch still works as it goes to the same place and does the same thing as the "missile launch switch" on the front panel.

MLMiObB.jpg

VcYw8gb.jpg

Once I take this thing apart to add liquid cooling components I can do a more in-depth "how-to" if you guys would like.

Just placed a large order at Performance-PCs so I should hopefully be getting parts in next week. In the meantime I'll design and print a video card backplate - it should be pretty awesome! Stay tuned for process pics.

I got the same reset/open dvd mod going on.

Best use of a reset button ever, because, who uses reset anymore.....???

Great build! The only thing you need to buy now is a backplate to cover that blue PCB from your GPU.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

One question for you guys before I proceed: What kind of wattage does a typical pump draw? I have a 620W SeaSonic PSU that looks slick and I'd really like to avoid spending more money on another one. Do you think I'll be cutting it close by powering a CPU and GPU (both OC'd), 6 fans, a pump, and the normal stuff with this? I feel pretty dumb asking help on my own thread but I don't want to buy a new PSU and I don't want to burn anything out. Thanks!

I really like what you did with the side panel holes! And it looks really good in general! :D 

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

amazing build, Once I've a new case im planning on doind a stealth type build

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

One question for you guys before I proceed: What kind of wattage does a typical pump draw? I have a 620W SeaSonic PSU that looks slick and I'd really like to avoid spending more money on another one. Do you think I'll be cutting it close by powering a CPU and GPU (both OC'd), 6 fans, a pump, and the normal stuff with this? I feel pretty dumb asking help on my own thread but I don't want to buy a new PSU and I don't want to burn anything out. Thanks!

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-accessories/pumps/ek-ddc-series-pumps/ek-ddc-3-25-laing-ddc-3-25.html

For the ddc ~20 watts dont know for the others.

I'm running SLI 770 on 750 watts and got no trouble and there both 230 watts normally so single 760 and a cpu don't bother :P

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, CPU: Intel Core I7 4770K @ 4.3 GHz, CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, GPU: Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming OC, RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene, PSU: Corsair TX750-V2, Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D modded with TG sidepanel