First Custom Loop

nnuzzo141

So my computer has been sitting with a gtx770 and i5 for some time now and I wanted to upgrade to a 1440p monitor so I upgraded the computer too. Dual 1070 and an i7. Hard tubing watercooled with all EK because hard tubing on your first attempt is a good idea right? I think it came out pretty good. The coolant is pastel black.

Interesting choice with the black coolant. Looks good for a first loop I'd say. Do you have more pics that are not closeup from the side showing the entire loop :D?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

curious, why dual 1070s rather than a single 1080 with the option of another 1080 in the future (yes i do realize dual 1070s perform better and sometimes is cheaper than a single 1080... I plan on doing the same later on the next round of upgrades to my rig).

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

16 hours ago, Heesleemer said:

curious, why dual 1070s rather than a single 1080 with the option of another 1080 in the future (yes i do realize dual 1070s perform better and sometimes is cheaper than a single 1080... I plan on doing the same later on the next round of upgrades to my rig).

Mostly just timing. I didnt have the budget for the 1080 nor could i find one instock but my local bestbuy had one 1070 so i went with that. Month later they had another so i picked it up. I never plan on upgrading to 4k because of windows scaling everything and monitor size/closeness i sit to it make 2k perfect. Plus SLI does look cool.

1 minute ago, nnuzzo141 said:

Mostly just timing. I didnt have the budget for the 1080 nor could i find one instock but my local bestbuy had one 1070 so i went with that. Month later they had another so i picked it up. I never plan on upgrading to 4k because of windows scaling everything and monitor size/closeness i sit to it make 2k perfect. Plus SLI does look cool.

gotcha, well i'll be right there with you soon... althought got to admit 2.5kx1440 with 1070 is perfect for now 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

What kind of flow configuration is that btw?

Trying to figure it out and can't quite get it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

What kind of flow configuration is that btw?

Trying to figure it out and can't quite get it.

Goes from pump/res to front rad to top rad to the power delivery on motherboard to CPU to the 2 GPUs in parallel back into pump/res. I assume that's what you meant by flow configuration (first time water cooling so the terminology is still new)

18 hours ago, nnuzzo141 said:

Goes from pump/res to front rad to top rad to the power delivery on motherboard to CPU to the 2 GPUs in parallel back into pump/res. I assume that's what you meant by flow configuration (first time water cooling so the terminology is still new)

Part of me thought it was going in the opposite direction xD Realised soon that it's not possible after looking at my own pump/res. 

Your order isn't too bad at all. Good job. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

27 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Part of me thought it was going in the opposite direction xD Realised soon that it's not possible after looking at my own pump/res. 

Your order isn't too bad at all. Good job. 

Thanks, was nervous running the gpus in parallel because of flow rate but turned out fine. My friend insisted on hitting a radiator between cpu and gpu but nah not worth the effort