Battlefield 1 Open Beta

luis_6143

I played 2 rounds without a weapon... half of players couldn't get weapons lol... we played empty handed... using machine guns.. or vehicles..

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

2 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

snip

Well at least it has proper long range rifles, honestly it's better than I expected, however there are some bugs they will have to patch for damn sure

At least they didn't copy past the stupid power up coins BS

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Oh yeah funny enough I can get top player with a controller in this game while on PC xD

No way.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well at least it has proper long range rifles, honestly it's better than I expected, however there are some bugs they will have to patch for damn sure

At least they didn't copy past the stupid power up coins BS

didnt copy , just "reincarnated it " ... you have hero pickups , aka the guy in armor thing , and flamethrower guy . 

It is good , not up to the hype , but good anyways . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

I played the Alpha and thought it was amazing. The game blew my mind.

I haven't played the beta yet though.

I have to say, it does remind me a lot of Battlefront. They re-used a lot of thing. Especially controls and animations. For instance, the animation when you have your sidearm drawn is the EXACT SAME as if you're running around with a blaster pistol in Battlefront. They clearly copy/pasted that shit.

That being said, I don't feel as though the game loses anything by them doing this. 

It is sad if the game is having performance issues now though. I personally felt that the Alpha was the most solid BF1 pre-release test I've ever played. The betas for BF3 and 4 were buggy as hell.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Planes are really hard to fly. Are you suppose to stear with the mouse cursor or am i doing something wrong? 

I managed to somehow fly it by sliding my mouse down most of the time but man this is anoying.

4 minutes ago, Kevin_Walter said:

It is sad if the game is having performance issues now though. I personally felt that the Alpha was the most solid BF1 pre-release test I've ever played. The betas for BF3 and 4 were buggy as hell.

I don't have any issues performance wise, I get well over 60fps, and surprisingly no screen tearing

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Honestly though game is pretty cool. I might but it for myself as christmas gift :) Love the tanks. Best battlefield game sine 1942 in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, xgn said:

snip

I'm using a controller and it can still be a little annoying since they are slow to turn in general, though I generally just ditch the planes to cap points at the start so I don't need to fly very well

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I'm using a controller and it can still be a little annoying since they are slow to turn in general, though I generally just ditch the planes to cap points at the start so I don't need to fly very well

Well i do have a ps4. So im better of using controller? else just not bother at all ? :(

Just now, xgn said:

Well i do have a ps4. So im better of using controller? else just not bother at all ? :(

Well I'm playing with a 360 controller on PC and it hasn't affected me negatively much, however I would just avoid piloting them if the keyboard+mouse controls suck, honestly they are rather easy to kill and don't do much unless it's a bomber.

11 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

didnt copy , just "reincarnated it " ... you have hero pickups , aka the guy in armor thing , and flamethrower guy . 

It is good , not up to the hype , but good anyways . 

Ya its nice for 2-3 hours Action. Not as good as BF2 but way better than Battlefront. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

11 hours ago, xgn said:

Planes are really hard to fly. Are you suppose to stear with the mouse cursor or am i doing something wrong? 

I managed to somehow fly it by sliding my mouse down most of the time but man this is anoying.

Well yeah it works like a joystick so to turn you have to pull back

best tip for flying in battlefield? bind pull up to spacebar, then to turn a plane sharply, you tilt the mouse left or right, and press spacebar to turn!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

17 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Well I'm playing with a 360 controller on PC and it hasn't affected me negatively much, however I would just avoid piloting them if the keyboard+mouse controls suck, honestly they are rather easy to kill and don't do much unless it's a bomber.

I tried now with controller and wow its sooo much easier i was top dog in the sky hehe i never actually got to top pilot highlight but was defently doing some damage  :)

17 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

I tried now with controller and wow its sooo much easier i was top dog in the sky hehe i never actually got to top pilot highlight but was defently doing some damage  :)

18 hours ago, xgn said:

Honestly though game is pretty cool. I might but it for myself as christmas gift :) Love the tanks. Best battlefield game sine 1942 in my opinion.

That ain't easy for others to say

On 9/1/2016 at 2:15 AM, alphaproject said:

This game is utter trash IMO...  IF your team is losing.... you're going to get spawn raped at every turn by sneaky bastards. Guys looking to get uber amounts of kills, not really going for objectives just hiding out, camping. I remember liking the BF4 MP beta WAY more. Clunky game... clunky controls.... people are saying it's much easier to use a controller in the game yet it's a FPS..???  Keyboard/Mouse should be the best option but it doesn't feel that way.

Plus.... here is the kicker. On my machine the beta will crash everytime after a certain amount of time played because it hogs your memory until you run out of it.  I'm using Win 7-64 bit and a GTX 970, game runs perfectly smooth. Locked pretty much at 70 fps no problem. I used Ultra Textures and FXAA to see if it made a difference from standard high settings and it did not, still crashed on both settings. So the game recommends me to use all high settings... fine.... then why hog my RAM? I laugh at the guys that must be so competitive at this game... when in fact it's such a bad game at the core. No better than COD. The plane physics... omg....  War Thunder makes this look like a kiddie game when it comes to planes and that game is years older. The planes look so slow in the air, especially the bombers.... it's ridiculous. The Vehicles aren't bad I guess. All the servers that are empty show my ping but the servers that are full of people show no ping...??? Ridiculous. The beta also only gives you ONE map. Which is UBER lame.

Here is an example of what is going on.

It's a beta? Things are broken and buggy that why they test these things. Comparing it to War Thunder doesn't make sense, have you ever played another battlefield game the planes don't handle realistically. And WW1 planes are not exactly jets. And one map is fine, its a BETA they don't give you everything in it.

3 hours ago, MastuhWaffles said:

It's a beta? Things are broken and buggy that why they test these things. Comparing it to War Thunder doesn't make sense, have you ever played another battlefield game the planes don't handle realistically. And WW1 planes are not exactly jets. And one map is fine, its a BETA they don't give you everything in it.

Wait....are you saying it's not realistic to jump out a Jet in Air, shoot another Jet with my RPG and than jump back into the Jet....0_o.

On 9/3/2016 at 3:43 AM, Praesi said:

Wait....are you saying it's not realistic to jump out a Jet in Air, shoot another Jet with my RPG and than jump back into the Jet....0_o.

That's obviously a realistic scenario of real life warfare.

Enjoyed it, though I think the initial anticipation for old school gameplay based on childhood memories of playing CoD2 and 1942 has wavered a little. Still I will get the game but I think I do need to lower my expectation slightly as the demo map was a slight tad too large...maybe I've just been playing CS:GO too much. For those who like more urban warfare, suggest you keep an eye on Battalion 1944, the kickstarter project.

I do like it once you get past all the bugs. Then I have to stop after 1 match because my laptop got to 88C because my dorm is disgustingly hot (82F). Need to come up with a way to actively cool my PC...

I think you should get games during the steam winter sale because battlefield is only 1 game when I'm sure you could get a lot of other fun games during the sale for the same or less price of battlefield.