"Live event" email reminders on youtube and twitch.

Hey guys, I've been through some grief trying to get these emails back into my inbox, I've hopefully found the solution and thought I would fish for additional insight or comments. I know Linus has complained about this in the past about you'll get less emails if you're less "engaged" in a subbed channel...I don't know if this is true since I haven't personally seen an instance of that (one exception below), but I pretty much watch every video I'm subbed to, including LTT. The one small exception is a gradeAunderA video criticizing runway fashion -- I'm subbed to a few "uppity" runway model fashion channels so Google probably figured I don't want to hear criticism about it -- regardless I still found the video hilarious.

Now, for youtube live events (like exciting spacex webcasts or boring white house press briefings), try going into your notifications preferences on youtube, scroll down (and expand any controls) -- if you see "A YouTube Live Event is starting soon....resume", then click "resume." If you don't see this option, then I'm assuming you have that enabled by default.

On twitch, in my case my twitch account is linked to a yahoo address and then forwarded to my gmail. Turns out the problem is that yahoo now considers these twitch notifications to be "spam" and will NOT forwarded them to external addresses like gmail (via pop3/imap.) I logged into my yahoo account manually and found a bunch of legit twitch notifications in the spam folder, marked them as "not spam" and then additionally added the sender address (I forgot the exact name, it's something like no-reply@twitch.tv or something) to my yahoo address book -- that theoretically forces yahoo to treat these as "important"  inbox emails and will then forward them on to any external address you have setup your yahoo mail account settings.

Hope this guide was informative. Comments appreciated.:)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν