Newbie To Audio, Help Needed!

ha966
Go to solution Solved by UnlimitedTMD,
5 minutes ago, ha966 said:

Bedankt. Welke had jij persoonlijk gekozen? Ik ken de merk Shure alleen van de Iem's

Shure, maar aangezien de M30x zo goedkoop is en van een vertrouwde tweaker afkomt zou ik die zeer zeker kiezen

This is my first post, so excuse me if i post this in the wrong board.

My Logitech G230 headset broke, after 4 months. I sent it back to my local retailer and i got a refund of 61 euro / 68$

I'm new to these headphones and i'm not sure which one to choose. I really appreciate if the sound quality gets improved. My IEMS sound better than my G230. 

So i have done some research and found two headsets that look good to me. These are:

• Hyper X Cloud II
  • ATH-M30X By Audio-Technica

My question is, do the Audio Technica sound better than the Hyper X's? And does the zalman mic for 7$ work well enough with the ATH's?

I'd recommend some

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones

if you search for these on amazon, you will find a bundle with a blue snowball microphone which works great. However these are closed ear headphones so it will really cancel any background noise. Give them about 1-2 weeks of use to "break them in" and the sound really is spectacular.

If your willing to try open headphones take a look at the Phillips SHP-9500 and some sort of mic let it be a snowball or something else like that.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'd recommend some

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones

if you search for these on amazon, you will find a bundle with a blue snowball microphone which works great. However these are closed ear headphones so it will really cancel any background noise. Give them about 1-2 weeks of use to "break them in" and the sound really is spectacular.

Amazon wouldn't be an option for me because there's no amazon in the netherlands, the blue snowball costs around 60$ here and that sennheiser costs around 115$ here, so it would be too much money. The ATH-M30X is much cheaper, around 75$. Does the ATH sound that much worse? 

Just now, CameronDSetty said:

If your willing to try open headphones take a look at the Phillips SHP-9500 and some sort of mic let it be a snowball or something else like that.

Not possible for me too, Philips is a dutch company but they don't sell that headphone in the netherlands.

What`s you budget? What kind of headphone would you like? Open, closed? What do you use them for also?

(dutch too)

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

What`s you budget? What kind of headphone would you like? Open, closed? What do you use them for also?

(dutch too)

I prefer closed, i don't want to be disturbed when gaming or listening to music. I listen alot to flac or spotify, i play games too.

1 minute ago, ha966 said:

Amazon wouldn't be an option for me because there's no amazon in the netherlands, the blue snowball costs around 60$ here and that sennheiser costs around 115$ here, so it would be too much money. The ATH-M30X is much cheaper, around 75$. Does the ATH sound that much worse? 

I can't give any other recommendations sorry :(

Just now, NinJake said:

I can't give any other recommendations sorry :(

No problem, thanks for helping me.

Just now, ha966 said:

I prefer closed, i don't want to be disturbed when gaming or listening to music. I listen alot to flac or spotify, i play games too.

No budget? It`s quite important too :P 

Just now, ha966 said:

Not possible for me too, Philips is a dutch company but they don't sell that headphone in the netherlands.

Ah gotcha, sorry about that. Makes this a little more tough. The M30X aren't bad headphones by any means, I had the M30's for a while before I started my ascension into more expensive cans. They were never too comfy for me but my head is pretty big, and the driver is right up on your ears but you'll just have to get used to that.

1 minute ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

No budget? It`s quite important too :P 

Around 70/80 euro. I can give abit more, so around 100 euro. 

5 minutes ago, ha966 said:

Bedankt. Welke had jij persoonlijk gekozen? Ik ken de merk Shure alleen van de Iem's

Shure, maar aangezien de M30x zo goedkoop is en van een vertrouwde tweaker afkomt zou ik die zeer zeker kiezen