Seeking college/uni laptop

So I'm looking for a new laptop for my study media design.
The problem being that I am not really a ''tech-guy'' kind of person. I really couldn't tell what specs are needed for what tasks.

My study will mainly focus on photo-editing and things alike, but also includes some video-editing classes.
Which I think requires much better specs than you need for just photo-editing.

Now according to my school they recommend a laptop with similar specs like the: ASUS VivoBook A541UA-DM127T.
(15,6 inch Full-HD, Intel Core i5-6198DU, 8 GB, 128 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 510 (onboard))

Now ofcourse I could just pick the laptop with the best/biggest specs the store has to offer but I don't have 'that' much money,

and the 2nd catch being the store I want to get the laptop only has limited laptop choices. 

Here's a list of laptops they do offer:
Listed from the Asus Vivobook mentioned before to the most expensive one they offer. (doesn't include apple products)
- Asus VivoBook A541UA-DM127T

- Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK
- ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360CA-C4044T
- Lenovo Ideapad 510 15ISK
- ASUS Pro P2438UA-FA0327T
- Lenovo Ideapad 710S-13ISK
- Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK
- ASUS ZenBook Flip UX360UA-C4136T
- Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK
- ASUS VivoBook Pro N552VX-FW116T

- ASUS ROG GL552VW-CN354T

The reason why I chose this store is because they offer studentservices and allow to pay the laptop of in periods rather than spending a big pile of money in 1 go. (also no extra costs for doing so)

I myself was thinking about the Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK,

It's reasonably sized for daily carriage and seems to be in the middle of specs minimal required and the best that I can get.
But is it the best option? Like I said, I can't really tell...

So I'm really hoping one of you guys could help me out here..

I'm looking for a laptop that:
+ is easy to carry on a daily basis (I think 13'' is too small but 17'' is too big)
+ can handle adobe creative suite programs (like photoshop, illustrator, after effects, premiere, etc)
+ is preferably not too loud (which could be argued as getting too hot)

It's for media design study and is only used for that.

It doesn't need to play games or whatever, it just needs to run the programs that I use smoothly.

I also don't ''really'' care whether it's a windows laptop or an apple one.. but apple seems a bit too expensive..

I really hope you guys can help me out on this one cause I have no clue.

Big thanks in advance!

Edited by Skol
Added laptops to the list I missed

Hi,

I really think you need an i7, 8+ Gb of ram a 128Gb ssd for programs and OS and a 1TB hdd with external storage depending on the size of video. Some editing software uses Cuda so maybe an okay gpu.

https://www.cclonline.com/product/209279/9S7-16J522-1087/Laptops/MSI-GP62-6QF-Leopard-Pro-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-8GB-DDR4-RAM-128GB-SSD-1TB-HDD-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-960M-Windows-10/NOT02942/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=best-buy&utm_campaign=NOT02942

If you are UK based maybe cheaper else where!

40 minutes ago, alexjt11 said:

Hi,

I really think you need an i7, 8+ Gb of ram a 128Gb ssd for programs and OS and a 1TB hdd with external storage depending on the size of video. Some editing software uses Cuda so maybe an okay gpu.

https://www.cclonline.com/product/209279/9S7-16J522-1087/Laptops/MSI-GP62-6QF-Leopard-Pro-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-8GB-DDR4-RAM-128GB-SSD-1TB-HDD-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-960M-Windows-10/NOT02942/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=best-buy&utm_campaign=NOT02942

If you are UK based maybe cheaper else where!

Thanks!

But I can only choose from the laptops listed in the original post. So unfortunately I can't get the MSI one.

but I'll look into on which laptops have an i7, 8gb+RAM  and storage.

Where are you in the world? 

CCL is UK based and very reputable.

You can buy from amazon too for 30 pounds more or however many dollars more, etc.

1 hour ago, alexjt11 said:

Where are you in the world? 

CCL is UK based and very reputable.

You can buy from amazon too for 30 pounds more or however many dollars more, etc.

I live in the Netherlands,

But the reason I can only buy the before listed laptops is that the store offer studentservices as well as paying in months.

I possibly could afford the Asus VivoBook A541UA-DM127T in one go, but that is the base minimum. And I want to be sure the laptop lasts a while and performs a bit smoother than the minimum required or advised.
So I rather pay in months (at no extra costs) so I can afford a better laptop, on the other hand it does limit the selection a bit to the laptop list mentioned before and some apple macbooks.

So I was looking again at the Lenovo Yoga 710-14ISK, and it has a 14 inch Full-HD-touchscreen, Intel Core i7-6500U, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD as you mentioned it should have, but it only has an Intel graphics-card..  It says it can do photo and video-editing. But I don't reckon that's enough for video-editing.
I do like the design of the laptop, it looks slim and seems portable for daily carrying.

But would one of the other laptops be better? 
The Asus ROG GL552W-CN354T (most expensive windows computer there) seems a bit overpowered for my needs, it also looks very bulky and loud.
Same goes for the Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK, it looks very big. But I might be wrong?

I will also consult with my teacher and look in the store just to see how it looks before buying it.
But I also value you guys opinion on what is recommended.

Photo editing is not intensive.

The 4 lenovos you picked out are great. Pick the one you like the most. I've never used a Vivobook, can't comment. Asus is trash in general. 

Ideapad 510s

Ideapad 710s

Yoga 710

Ideapad 700

NOT the Y700. Overpowered for your use case.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

20 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

I've never used a Vivobook, can't comment.

be happy that you haven't.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.