gpu zotac 1060 or gigabyte 1060 aftermarket

So i wanted to build my first gaming rig

what i'm confusing is which better zotac gtx 1060 d5/amp edition or the gigabyte gtx 1060 ? 

Both are aftermarket edition so which is better?

using

i5-6500

8gb ram

gigabyte z170-d3h

Corsair rm 650

Zotac mini and amp are probably the worst 1060s available. They get really hot and hence don't boost nearly as much. 

I chose the g1 gaming 1060 over the zotac AMP and couldn't be happier. Even with overclocking to 2100 MHz, it doesn't go above 67 degrees under load. Also the RGB LEDs and backplate are added bonus. 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

2 hours ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Zotac mini and amp are probably the worst 1060s available. They get really hot and hence don't boost nearly as much. 

I chose the g1 gaming 1060 over the zotac AMP and couldn't be happier. Even with overclocking to 2100 MHz, it doesn't go above 67 degrees under load. Also the RGB LEDs and backplate are added bonus. 

Have you ever tried it on your own? Cause from the point i see it

it has no difference cause it is the same gtx 1060 and also got 2 fans too so it should be the same right?

I wanted to chose giga but it is to expensive so i looked at zotac with the same gtx 1060 and it's cheaper somehow

43 minutes ago, defrid said:

Have you ever tried it on your own? Cause from the point i see it

it has no difference cause it is the same gtx 1060 and also got 2 fans too so it should be the same right?

I wanted to chose giga but it is to expensive so i looked at zotac with the same gtx 1060 and it's cheaper somehow

As you can see from my signature, I own a gigabyte g1 gaming GTX 1060. The zotac one is cheaper because:

1. Worse cooler

2. No backplate

3. No RGB lighting. 

I'll tell you this, if the difference is less than 30$, pay the extra for the Gigabyte. It looks much nicer in your case with the RGB lighting and will overclock much nicer and remaining cooler and quieter. If the difference is more than or equal to 30$. go for the zotac. You are getting basically the same performance. 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

I would skip the zotac mini just for the fact its only a 3+1 phase Not much headroom for OC/boost when its already hitting 75c or below.  The amp has 4+1 and G1 has 6+1.  Unless your specificially going for a ITX build, I'd look in places like EVGA SC or the Gigabyte Mini

1 hour ago, Shubham Yadav said:

As you can see from my signature, I own a gigabyte g1 gaming GTX 1060. The zotac one is cheaper because:

1. Worse cooler

2. No backplate

3. No RGB lighting. 

I'll tell you this, if the difference is less than 30$, pay the extra for the Gigabyte. It looks much nicer in your case with the RGB lighting and will overclock much nicer and remaining cooler and quieter. If the difference is more than or equal to 30$. go for the zotac. You are getting basically the same performance. 

Well recently i get informed that they have restock a msi 1060 how about it? It's cheaper but not very huge but it is cheaper tho

47 minutes ago, Gullerback said:

I would skip the zotac mini just for the fact its only a 3+1 phase Not much headroom for OC/boost when its already hitting 75c or below.  The amp has 4+1 and G1 has 6+1.  Unless your specificially going for a ITX build, I'd look in places like EVGA SC or the Gigabyte Mini

Well for some reason i'm not a crazy OC guy i'm just going to tweaking a little bit mot going crazy like some people cause i don't want to shortned my pc lifespan well evga are not sell in my country so sad only asus msi giga zotac his powercolor saphire something like evga or other are not in market 

2 hours ago, defrid said:

Well recently i get informed that they have restock a msi 1060 how about it? It's cheaper but not very huge but it is cheaper tho

Well for some reason i'm not a crazy OC guy i'm just going to tweaking a little bit mot going crazy like some people cause i don't want to shortned my pc lifespan well evga are not sell in my country so sad only asus msi giga zotac his powercolor saphire something like evga or other are not in market 

Is the MSI one gaming X or the twin frozr one? If it's gaming X, go for it. 

You don't need to specifically OC the card to get higher performance. Even out of the stock the gigabyte is clocked higher than the zotac and it will automatically OC to 2GHz out of the box once you enable OC mode from gigabyte xtreme engine software. Zotac can't even come close. 

18 hours ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Is the MSI one gaming X or the twin frozr one? If it's gaming X, go for it. 

You don't need to specifically OC the card to get higher performance. Even out of the stock the gigabyte is clocked higher than the zotac and it will automatically OC to 2GHz out of the box once you enable OC mode from gigabyte xtreme engine software. Zotac can't even come close. 

I think it's the x one cause the x one have red and black color in it right?

so yes for either giga or msi but not zotac? Right?

25 minutes ago, defrid said:

I think it's the x one cause the x one have red and black color in it right?

so yes for either giga or msi but not zotac? Right?

Get the MSI gaming x if that one is cheaper. That one is actually on par with Gigabyte.