1440p 144hz monitor and gpu to go with it

Hun_newbie

HI!

I am planning on getting a new 1440p monitor and a gpu to go with it, as far as the monitor go i am planning on gaming on some fps games some realy good contrast ratio would come in handy. For the gpu i only have a single pci lane free, i would love to get above 144hz fps in games like ranbow6 siege, bf4, and some other fps like those, for these i am willing to drop some settings down but i would like to hav recent games running 60+ fps with mustly maxed settings. I am currently in the green team but i am open tu suggestions.

I would like to spend as little as possible but will speend money if there is a good reason to do so.

Thank you for your help !

something like an RX 480 or GTX 1060 should be good for what you want.

temporary solution - someone else's problem

What's your budget?

4 hours ago, LOUOS said:

Those aren't even for 1440p 60Hz.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

Cheapest decent 1080 and cheapest 144Hz 1440p.

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer XG270HU 27.0" 144Hz Monitor  ($449.99 @ B&H) 
Total: $1079.98

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

Getting 144fps on 1440p monitor with single gpu? gtx 1080, that's the only card for it. 1070 would good enough to get 60fps in 1440p.

4 hours ago, LOUOS said:

Do you even read the post?

4 hours ago, Hun_newbie said:

HI!

I am planning on getting a new 1440p monitor and a gpu to go with it, as far as the monitor go i am planning on gaming on some fps games some realy good contrast ratio would come in handy. For the gpu i only have a single pci lane free, i would love to get above 144hz fps in games like ranbow6 siege, bf4, and some other fps like those, for these i am willing to drop some settings down but i would like to hav recent games running 60+ fps with mustly maxed settings. I am currently in the green team but i am open tu suggestions.

I would like to spend as little as possible but will speend money if there is a good reason to do so.

I think a GTX 1070 maybe 1080 if you really love 'em frames

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

5 hours ago, Hun_newbie said:

HI!

You need a titan XP to really push that display in AAA games, if you only want 60hz/fps go for a 4k display and run AAA games at 1080p maxxed out and more light games at 4k

Otherwise Fury X + Free-sync display is going to save you a good amount of money

Includes an IPS version of a 1440p 144hz free-sync display

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pwG4K8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pwG4K8/by_merchant/

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card  ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer XF270HU 27.0" 144Hz Monitor  ($552.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $957.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 22:44 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You need a titan XP to really push that display in AAA games, if you only want 60hz/fps go for a 4k display and run AAA games at 1080p maxxed out and more light games at 4k

Otherwise Fury X + Free-sync display is going to save you a good amount of money

Includes an IPS version of a 1440p 144hz free-sync display

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pwG4K8
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pwG4K8/by_merchant/

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 Fury X 4GB Video Card  ($404.98 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Acer XF270HU 27.0" 144Hz Monitor  ($552.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $957.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-25 22:44 EDT-0400

I dont want to realy push the AAA games just want a few multiplayer games to go 144hz, but i am a bit afraid that 4GB would not be enougf for even 1440p thats why i want to shange my 970.

An other queston do i have to get new cpu too ot will the i5 4460 do fine for most of the time ? (not talking arma3 fine)

7 hours ago, antisleep said:

What's your budget?

Those aren't even for 1440p 60Hz.

As i said i dont want to spend on any more things than i have to but will buy what i need to get good experience.

6 hours ago, Hun_newbie said:

I dont want to realy push the AAA games just want a few multiplayer games to go 144hz, but i am a bit afraid that 4GB would not be enougf for even 1440p thats why i want to shange my 970.

4gbs shouldn't be an issue for a while, but if you already have a 970, just get a high end display and you're pretty much set as is, I'd probably stick to free-sync as G-sync just adds far too much to the cost.

Or just save a bunch of money and get a 1080p 144hz display which can easily be powered by a 970
This one's pretty cheap at around $220 with free-sync, and the TN panel is pretty solid
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

the i5 is probably fine for the most part, unless you need to run a CPU intensive game at 144hz, Dota 2 is possibly going to be CPU bottlenecked

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

4gbs shouldn't be an issue for a while, but if you already have a 970, just get a high end display and you're pretty much set as is, I'd probably stick to free-sync as G-sync just adds far too much to the cost.

Or just save a bunch of money and get a 1080p 144hz display which can easily be powered by a 970
This one's pretty cheap at around $220 with free-sync, and the TN panel is pretty solid
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

the i5 is probably fine for the most part, unless you need to run a CPU intensive game at 144hz, Dota 2 is possibly going to be CPU bottlenecked

Thanks for the help!