Linus videos - 7 day exclusives

bobman279

Not sure if there is a language filter on here but FUCKING VESSEL really sick of it.

Apparently Project Light Thread is over 1 week old seriously come on guys 80% (probably more) of your audience is on YOUTUBE its like linus has to put the videos through another "process" to make more money its so annoying because everything goes through vessel.

Then people like me have to keep refreshing the youtube page to see what has FINALLY come through.

p.s. in the mean time feel free to check out Logan's Face (

linus videos.PNG

vessel videos 2.PNG

vessel videos.PNG

I fully understand where their coming from. Its very similar to a patreon subscription. The paying consumers need a reason to pay for free content. This doesn't affect the YouTube audience in anyway. You still get the same flow of videos (new vid everyday) and important, time sensitive videos still get uploaded day one on YouTube. Their a business and they need to make money to support themselves and the company.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

12 hours ago, bobman279 said:

- It's not like the video is ONLY on Vessel, you can still get it on YT without subscribing to anything. It just takes a while.

- Of course Linus puts videos through Vessel to make extra money. Spoiler alert: Linus doesn't do this for fun, Linus Media Group is a company and a company's goal is, first and foremost, to make money.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I never heard of Vessel.

You haven't watched LTT for long then? Or don't ever watch the WAN show either?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, LordGrizzillaKreme said:

This doesn't affect the YouTube audience in anyway

It does affect the YouTube audience. We used to have the videos on time, now they are late. To have the same experience as we used to have, we have to pay. A patreon subscription generally gives you extra stuff like posters or whatever, vessel just gives you exactly what you got for free before only now you have to pay.

Why does this matter then? Well, often videos' social media promotions are irrelevant by the time the video comes up on YouTube. The lateness is definitely noticeable. It almost splits the community over wealth, the wealthy on Vessel and the poor on YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Mug said:

It does affect the YouTube audience. We used to have the videos on time, now they are late. To have the same experience as we used to have, we have to pay. A patreon subscription generally gives you extra stuff like posters or whatever, vessel just gives you exactly what you got for free before only now you have to pay.

Why does this matter then? Well, often videos' social media promotions are irrelevant by the time the video comes up on YouTube. The lateness is definitely noticeable. It almost splits the community over wealth, the wealthy on Vessel and the poor on YouTube.

It's late, yes, but unless I told you that this video was ready a week ago, you would never know.

So, I still agree, it does not affect YouTube audiences. When Linus or Slick teases a video (Even before Vessel was but a twinkle in their eye), there's no guarantee when that video will actually be ready, finished editing, and uploaded. Many times they've teased a video, and then the video was late (even before Vessel existed).

All important and time sensitive videos are put out on YouTube immediately, such as Product Launches, and even things like Pokemon Go were launched on YT immediately.

Anything that isn't time sensitive, well who cares when it launches? Are you losing anything because Vessel launched the video first? I personally don't think so.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I just started watching LTT, NCIX and TechQuickie which were all just Recommended by YT.

I have watched probably 25 or so shows now.

I just started watching the WAN show. I thought they were going to talk about Wide Area Networking which I am not into, nor am I into programming, but soon learned that the hour long video was just chit-chat, with perhaps maybe a chat channel. I havent quite figured it out yet. Or maybe they just keep looking at their notes or pull up web pages for the viewer.

- Some of the video's are fillers, and Linus and his on-screen employee's/co-workers admit it.

- I know on the build-ups and tear-downs they had the chat channel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the idea of Vessel which came from Hulu (Wikipedia) and YT Red. But I will never pay just to see it early. But Linus' (mispelled Linus's) shows are educational and light hearted which I like.

33 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Are you losing anything because Vessel launched the video first? I personally don't think so.

My argument is merely saying that it's not an ideal situation.

After all, why would anyone subscribe to vessel unless they feel that the early videos thing is worth something?

Surely, if vessel offers no value (therefore the YouTube audience hasn't lost anything), why would people pay for it? The fact that people are paying for it means that getting videos on time is actually worth something and that value has been taken away from YouTube.

1 minute ago, Mug said:

My argument is merely saying that it's not an ideal situation.

After all, why would anyone subscribe to vessel unless they feel that the early videos thing is worth something?

Surely, if vessel offers no value (therefore the YouTube audience hasn't lost anything), why would people pay for it? The fact that people are paying for it means that getting videos on time is actually worth something and that value has been taken away from YouTube.

It is worth something to those who decide they want exclusive and early content.

There are a number of values to Vessel:

1. Less ads (I don't know if they've went completely ad-free yet, but originally, they played very short, like 5-15 second ads)

2. Exclusive content - Nerd Sports (This was a pilot show - if it was financially successful, we will likely see additional LMG exclusive content)

3. Early releases

Now, whether something has value or not is 100% subjective.

To me? Vessel has no value. I don't care about the ad experience in Vessel, since I'm fine with watching YT ads, and when YT Red launches in Canada (hahahaha maybe in 10 years), I'll immediately sign up to that.

Early releases? That has no value to me at all. Anything important is shown on time anyway. I lose nothing by waiting, since I'm still getting 1 video per day, so it doesn't really matter what the video is, and whether it has been shown on Vessel already.

So again, it's the eye of the beholder. Some people find value with Vessel (and thus pay for it), other people do not find value with Vessel.

So you have to ask yourself personally: Does early releases have value to me? Am I willing to pay for it?

If it has value, but you're not willing to pay for it, you should rethink how you define value. If it has no value to you, then why care at all that it exists?

You're still gonna see the same video anyway (Eg: Holy Shit ep 9, M6000 GPU - would it have made my life better had I seen that video a week early? No. I was satisfied at the time I saw it on YT).

Tbh , i think a week worth of wait for a video is actually slightly mediocre to go crazy about depending upon the person it might escalate to HC Linus fan who want it the moment it gets out there, i mean if you can get something for free for a week for a video that you would not pay attention after watching it once & never thinking about it highly as you thought of

Think of it like a movie release you get a week later after some long distance international release, you're still gonna get to see it

Details separate people.

The gripe I have is that I could have sworn that when they launched vessel they said there was no vessel exclusive content. Everything would be available on the YouTube channel as well as Vessel. And now we have that sports series on Vessel only. 

On 2016-08-28 at 2:33 PM, beavo451 said:

The gripe I have is that I could have sworn that when they launched vessel they said there was no vessel exclusive content. Everything would be available on the YouTube channel as well as Vessel. And now we have that sports series on Vessel only. 

That series is funded in ENTIRETY by Vessel, and was commissioned at Vessel's request.

Simply put, NerdSports would not exist without Vessel. Is it really an exclusive if the other platform was never getting it anyway?

I will wait a week, besides I got no clue what videos are on Vessel. I dont care!

Just know that lately not much is coming out with LTT videos. But its not like I care either.

On 8/29/2016 at 10:07 PM, dalekphalm said:

Is it really an exclusive if the other platform was never getting it anyway?

LOL. That is the definition of exclusive.

1 minute ago, beavo451 said:

LOL. That is the definition of exclusive.

I don't think you understand the context, and how context matters.

In THIS context, it would be artificially exclusive content, if they took a video that would normally go onto LTT, and put it on Vessel only.

This video would never have been created, without Vessel. This is the equivalent of bitching to Linus because one of the Samsung SSD Adverts he shot for Samsung never made it onto the LTT channel (Spoiler alert, Linus contracts his video production company out to hardware vendors to make promotional videos, advertisements, etc, that never see release on LTT channel).

19 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I don't think you understand the context, and how context matters.

In THIS context, it would be artificially exclusive content, if they took a video that would normally go onto LTT, and put it on Vessel only.

This video would never have been created, without Vessel. This is the equivalent of bitching to Linus because one of the Samsung SSD Adverts he shot for Samsung never made it onto the LTT channel (Spoiler alert, Linus contracts his video production company out to hardware vendors to make promotional videos, advertisements, etc, that never see release on LTT channel).

LOL. Exclusive is exclusive. If there is content on Vessel and only on Vessel, that is Vessel exclusive content.

If Samsung paid LTT for an ad, then Samsung can do whatever it wants with it. LTT never said that he would release all content to LTT Youtube. Not an issue. If Vessel wants to sponsor a video series for Vessel's use/advertisements then it's not a problem if Vessel releases it. Heck, Vessel could have their own channel and released "Nerd Sports featuring/by LTT" on it and I wouldn't have have an issue with it.

But, the Nerd Sports series is on LTT Vessel therefore it is LTT content that is exclusive to Vessel. When they launched Vessel, they said that there would be no Vessel exclusive content. Everything that was on the LTT channel on Vessel would be available on the LTT YouTube channel. 

1 minute ago, beavo451 said:

LOL. Exclusive is exclusive. If there is content on Vessel and only on Vessel, that is Vessel exclusive content.

If Samsung paid LTT for an ad, then Samsung can do whatever it wants with it. LTT never said that he would release all content to LTT Youtube. Not an issue. If Vessel wants to sponsor a video series for Vessel's use/advertisements then it's not a problem if Vessel releases it. Heck, Vessel could have their own channel and released "Nerd Sports featuring/by LTT" on it and I wouldn't have have an issue with it.

But, the Nerd Sports series is on LTT Vessel therefore it is LTT content that is exclusive to Vessel. When they launched Vessel, they said that there would be no Vessel exclusive content. Everything that was on the LTT channel on Vessel would be available on the LTT YouTube channel. 

And when they launched Vessel, THERE WAS NO exclusive content. NerdSports came later. It also was a development that was 100% the brainchild of Vessel. Vessel asked LTT to pitch a series, and it was going to be a part of a pilot project featuring many other original content commissioned and paid for by Vessel. Vessel liked the pitch, and so they commissioned NerdSports. Vessel is allowing LTT to brand it because it's better brand advertising for LTT. Plus they retain creative rights to the ideas of the content.

On 9/4/2016 at 4:37 PM, dalekphalm said:

And when they launched Vessel, THERE WAS NO exclusive content. 

And you keep on missing the point. When they launched Vessel, they said that all content would be available on both platforms. Vessel just gets it early. All this other money stuff you are talking about is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

And you keep on missing the point. When they launched Vessel, they said that all content would be available on both platforms. Vessel just gets it early. All this other money stuff you are talking about is irrelevant.

Except you're missing the point that without vessel funding Nerdsport. It would have never been made in the first place, meaning it still wouldn't of been on Youtube anyway.

On 8/25/2016 at 5:22 PM, Mug said:

What do you mean, late? If you're watching LMG videos for the reviews i'm so sorry