VirtualBox | Linux Mint: Audio Lag in Guest

Is it normal for there to be some audio lag in a virtual machine?  Been playing around with Linux Mint "Sarah" in VirtualBox to see if it's something I would be interested in using.  My ODAC is my primary audio device.  It has taken me a while to get things somewhat working.  Same issue with the Windows 10 preview.

Linux_VM_Settings.png

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Have you installed the Virtualbox guest additions to the VM?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Just now, Altecice said:

Have you installed the Virtualbox guest additions to the VM?

Yes.

TL;DR: Decided to try dual-booting to Linux.  Almost formatted my entire drive but didn't.

Update:

Given the issues I described above, I decided to go ahead and dual-boot Linux.  Funny, yet scary, story.  When doing so, I had thought I had accidentally deleted my entire drive.  I had initially thought there would be an option in the installation process to create a Linux-compatible partition.  I didn't think that I would need to shrink the volume in Windows beforehand.

I quickly aborted the Linux installation.  Luckily, when that is done the OS immediately falls back to trial mode.

I was about to reinstall Windows 7 when I realized my System Reserved partition still existed.  I backed out of the installation process hoping that maybe installation was untouched.  The Windows 7 splash screen never looked so beautiful.

After nearly having a heart attack, I immediately created an image backup with the built-in Windows 7 tool.  I do fairly regular drag-and-drop backups of important documents and folders (and detach the drive afterward).  It's just that installing a new OS is a tedious process.

Due to this experience, I think I will add the occasional on-demand image backup to my regimen.  I typically don't like image backups because there is always the small possibility of the imaged OS having something malicious that wasn't detected by MBAM or MSE.  I'm fairly certain that this install is clean.  Security is never a 100% proposition, however.