[Amazon] List of budget back-to-school laptops

Djole123

So, school is coming, your laptop is dying and you can't afford an expensive one? Well, you came to the right place. This is a small list of laptops that are good and won't break your wallet.

1) Acer SW3-013-146A (145$)

This is a 10" hybrid laptop. It has all the benefits of a laptop+a touchscreen. It has an Intel Atom, 2GB of RAM and a 32GB SSD. It's a pretty low speced machine for most basic tasks like web browsing and emailing.

2) Lenovo ThinkPad 11e (250$)

This is a small AMD based laptop equipped with the dual core A4, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB mechanical hard drive. While it isn't the best specced laptop, it's compact and it can do general use things darn well. 

3) Dell Latitude 3440 14" (288$)

This puppy is a tad more on the mid range side. It has a 900p 14" screen, a Core i3 processor and a DVD drive. But, sacrifises had to be made, it only has 2GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive.

4) Lenovo G50 (310$)

With this laptop you're getting, in my opinion, the most value for the money. It's rocking a quad core A8, 500G HDD and a 15.6" 720p screen. While I would like a 1080p one, this one is good enough and should satisfy most users.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

The only thing I hate about cheap laptops, is that they usually put quite a decent CPU in, enough RAM to make the thing able to do more than 2 tabs in chrome, enough battery life to make it through the day, but then they slam in the worst and cheapest 12xx/13xx*7xx screen possible, with poor colors, low brightness, shitty viewing angles and poor contrast, and make it 15.6" so it's blurry as fuck as well, completely ruining the laptop.

Best Buy has a good deal going on right now. It's a $350 Acer with an i5, 4GB of RAM, and 1TB of HDD space.

COMIC SANS

My girlfriend just got a Toshiba Z40-A for $275 after tax from Pawn 1. i5-4300U, 8GB RAM (Has an extra slot too) and a 256GB SSD. It was a $1200+ laptop 2 years ago. It runs great, the only problem is it's Windows 8.1 and it's too late to get the free upgrade to 10. My point is, if you're on a budget, check pawn shops and the used market.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.