THIS is Star Citizen!

Corwin111
4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

poor mike ;)

Maybe he was dropped in zero-g, then it doesn't matter.

I liked the part where everybody was like, "WOOOOOOOOOOOO!".

So what's the ETD on this game? 2020?

9 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Most of what you see in the video, with the exception of landing on planets, is already playable in the alpha for anyone who backs the project. Planets are coming by the end of 2016. 

The ETA for release of the single-player campaign "Squadron 42" and the MMO beta is somewhere around the first half of 2017 at this point. 

Lets wait for the Product they will release. I dont trust any of it untill i see it with my own Eyes. The Alpha Versions i played were horrible compared to this.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

13 hours ago, Praesi said:

Lets wait for the Product they will release. I dont trust any of it untill i see it with my own Eyes. The Alpha Versions i played were horrible compared to this.

When was the last time you played the alpha? What you see in the presentation video is pretty much already in, aside from the planetary stuff.

Here's the people on this subforum having one of our weekly dicking around sessions ^^ :

On 8/20/2016 at 6:15 AM, Corwin111 said:

Most of what you see in the video, with the exception of landing on planets, is already playable in the alpha for anyone who backs the project. Planets are coming by the end of 2016. 

The ETA for release of the single-player campaign "Squadron 42" and the MMO beta is somewhere around the first half of 2017 at this point. 

I will be glad to be proven wrong by this, but I think you are being over optimistic on the MMO Beta part.  Late 2017 early 2018 is what I am guessing. It is hard because of the "exponential" nature of development, but one thing CIG has been really good about is sorting out the game/experience breaking bugs and holding back features until they are actually "ready". This is commendable, and has made it a fairly painless Alpha phase, but I think this also means we can expect a couple unforeseen things to hold something as complex as the MMO portion back a little more.  That said I think SQ42 will roll out as expected.

7 hours ago, Geekavenger said:

I will be glad to be proven wrong by this, but I think you are being over optimistic on the MMO Beta part.  Late 2017 early 2018 is what I am guessing. It is hard because of the "exponential" nature of development, but one thing CIG has been really good about is sorting out the game/experience breaking bugs and holding back features until they are actually "ready". This is commendable, and has made it a fairly painless Alpha phase, but I think this also means we can expect a couple unforeseen things to hold something as complex as the MMO portion back a little more.  That said I think SQ42 will roll out as expected.

Oh I agree that it's an optimistic estimate. But it does seem to be the current roadmap. :)

On 8/20/2016 at 9:10 PM, SageOfSpice said:

squadron 42 campaign is out in q1 2017

lives on

BAKABT

10 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

squadron 42 campaign is out in q1 2017

End of year 2016 by officaillness, we will find out if that's still the case at citizencon.

I had completely set the game aside until it came out, before i saw this video. I played it a few times months and months ago and the dog fighting was a giant mess. I couldn't hit anything and it just sucked.

This presentation blew me away, this is what i always hoped it would be like. I didn't even know that most of it was already available, that's how uninterested i was. The game is running ok for me. mostly around or just below 30fps but as i read it that's mostly because of the crappy netcode and server side stuff. Which he said would be improved in 3.0. I believe in this again, even playing it again now. Hell i bought a new friggin ship, basically doubled the money i've spend on this game so far. This game and SQ42 are gonna be awesome and i can't wait for the updates and the eventual final game.

I have no signature

6 hours ago, Helly said:

I played it a few times months and months ago and the dog fighting was a giant mess. I couldn't hit anything and it just sucked.

If anything, months and months ago, the dog fighting was easier, with less rubberbanding and a crazy flight model. If you simply jumped in and tried to shoot at things, you most likely wouldn't hit anything, and wouldn't hit anything now, given the accuracy and patience necessary to learn the flight model and how the aiming works. AC has been one of the best things about star citizen for the longest time and absolutely didn't "suck".

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

16 hours ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

If you simply jumped in and tried to shoot at things, you most likely wouldn't hit anything

Just to clarify something here, i don't know exactly when the previous time was that i played but at the time i didn't go online and only went into the arena commander and did the vanduul swarm thing. Everything ran smooth but the aiming wasn't working right. the green squares and circles that show where the shots go didn't show up at all and i had to guess where the shots went. I tried to restart etc but it just was always the same so i stopped paying attention to the game entirely thinking to go back to it months later. Where i was sure it would be fixed. So yeah for me the dog fighting at the time sucked cuz guessing where you gotta shoot sucks... but its ok now, they fixed it, like i hoped they would.

I have no signature