GTX 1060 ASUS Dual 6Gb Backplate

2 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Yeah the title says it all , does it have a backplate ?

No, it does not have a backplate.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

nope

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

45 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

No, it does not have a backplate.

43 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

nope

Do you know where I could buy a complete white or completely black backplate ?

Just now, GermanPCBuilder said:

Do you know where I could buy a complete white or completely black backplate ?

you would have to get one custom milled and even then i dont think the gpu will have mounting holes for a backplate.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

you would have to get one custom milled and even then i dont think the gpu will have mounting holes for a backplate.

What about something like this ?

1 minute ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

What about something like this ?

Usually those go on cards that already have a backplate. Plus they dont have the 1060 as an option. But you could email them.

9 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Usually those go on cards that already have a backplate. Plus they dont have the 1060 as an option. But you could email them.

Why would anyone buy an extra backplate if they already have one , doesn't make any sense to me.

1 hour ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Yeah the title says it all , does it have a backplate ?

Is your gtx 1060 the ROG strix version?

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

18 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Is your gtx 1060 the ROG strix version?

No it's the white dual version , yes it's called dual ( I'm not using sli just one card lol )

Just now, GermanPCBuilder said:

No it's the white dual version , yes it's called dual ( I'm not using sli just one card lol )

hum ok, I asked that because I know EKWB makes strix backplate for the 10xx series but its not a standalone unit so nevermind anyways.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

2 hours ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Why would anyone buy an extra backplate if they already have one , doesn't make any sense to me.

because it is custom and may go with there build better than the stock one. 

• 2 months later...

Are the backplates the same for every GPU? don't PCBs vary between different GTX 1060? how would I go around finding a back plate for a backplate? what do I have to look out for?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2016 at 2:44 PM, TheLastPixel said:

Are the backplates the same for every GPU? don't PCBs vary between different GTX 1060? how would I go around finding a back plate for a backplate? what do I have to look out for?

yes backplates are usually specific to brand/model, so you would need to get one specific for your card. which card have you got, btw?

On 6.11.2016 at 6:44 PM, Patuga said:

yes backplates are usually specific to brand/model, so you would need to get one specific for your card. which card have you got, btw?

I've got the ASUS dual 6 GB version

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, simix122 said:

if i buy this backplate and mount it, will that remove my warranty on the gpu?

Most of them are designed so they only lay free on the card. But if you have to remove the cooler to install the Backplate it removes your warranty but if the card breaks then you could just remove the Backplate and put the cooler on again and it's probably good 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 7:42 PM, GermanPCBuilder said:

Most of them are designed so they only lay free on the card. But if you have to remove the cooler to install the Backplate it removes your warranty but if the card breaks then you could just remove the Backplate and put the cooler on again and it's probably good 

yup. I think the only true problem would be to remove some of those "warranty void if removed" stickers.

• 2 months later...