Kanto YU5 vs audioengine a5

H2O

With the recent massdrop of the Kanto YU5's I am thinking this might be the time to buy my black and white monitor speakers (or continue waiting for a5's to go on massdrop again).  Problem is ive been looking at the audioengine a5's for a while now and im split.  I really need help.  I dont think cost isnt so much the issue here its long term sound, and build quality.  Some functionality is nice to have, but really dont need bluetooth as a feature (which the Kanto has).

Edit: I will worry about a DAC etc when I get there.  Also this is primarily for gaming on a very large desk (so size shouldnt be too much an issue).

AudioEngine is meh. Kind of overpriced. These speakers appear to have digital inputs, so I don't know what you would do with a DAC.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

AudioEngine is meh. Kind of overpriced. These speakers appear to have digital inputs, so I don't know what you would do with a DAC.

Yeah YUMI's I wouldnt get a DAC.  I am saying if I got the a5's I would get a nice DAC with them.  Not to hold it against the a5's in the comparison. 

You could try the Kanto's. They are probably pretty good.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

30 minutes ago, spwath said:

You could try the Kanto's. They are probably pretty good.

I just wanna get one set and be good for the next 5 or so years

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I just wanna get one set and be good for the next 5 or so years

Why only five? Gonna turn into a pumpkin?

1 hour ago, SSL said:

Why only five? Gonna turn into a pumpkin?

lmfao, idk why I laughed so hard at that.  I would just probably be getting something latest and greatest by then.  But hey if they still work great by then I will prob just keep using them. 

5 minutes ago, H2O said:

lmfao, idk why I laughed so hard at that.  I would just probably be getting something latest and greatest by then.  But hey if they still work great by then I will prob just keep using them. 

Speakers don't tend to get outdated, unless they are cheap garbage.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

Speakers don't tend to get outdated, unless they are cheap garbage.

well thats good, at least I know ill get my usage out of them. My old dell 5.1 system still works really really well.