USPS snail shipping?

TheRedViper

Hello there, I was wondering if I was the only one having issues with USPS (United States postal service). When I was installing my CPU waterblock, 2 of the 4 M3 to M4 standoffs broke (cheap brass welding). So I contacted Swiftech in Long Beach and they told me they would send me 4 new standoffs by the mail using USPS and that I would get it in a few days. That was on August 9th. The package departed Long Beach August 11th to reach LA the same day, then I don't know whats happening but the package keeps going back and forth within the LA facility since then. From August 11th to today (August 18th), the package is still in USPS LA facility.

Its been literally a week that the package is at the exact same place. Iv'e had packages coming in from EKWB in Slovenia in 3 days and I live in Eastern Canada which makes me wonder if il even receive it by the end of the month since the package hasn't even left Western USA, not even the South.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

7 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

SNIP

Call up USPS?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think from my experience their software is pretty delayed and doesn't really get updated, one of these days it will probably just show up in the mail for ya

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Call up USPS?

They don't offer customer support for non-US citizens as far as iv'e tried.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

I emailed swiftech to see what they can do because this is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, TheRedViper said:

They don't offer customer support for non-US citizens as far as iv'e tried.

If your having it shipped outside the US then you have to deal with our Federal Government. They have to make sure that its not a WMD. Then you have to deal with your customs officials to. USPS does a good job shipping stuff, but if you have to deal with our Customs agents then on top of that your customs agents. Its going to take a while. Its not as though one of our mail trucks can just clear customs and come across the border. They have to put it in to border agents hands, then from their you probably have to pay some duty or something. Then it will have to be transferred to a domestic shipper. It probably would have been better if they used UPS or Fedex because those companies are global.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

If your having it shipped outside the US then you have to deal with our Federal Government. They have to make sure that its not a WMD. Then you have to deal with your customs officials to. USPS does a good job shipping stuff, but if you have to deal with our Customs agents then on top of that your customs agents. Its going to take a while. Its not as though one of our mail trucks can just clear customs and come across the border. They have to put it in to border agents hands, then from their you probably have to pay some duty or something. Then it will have to be transferred to a domestic shipper. It probably would have been better if they used UPS or Fedex because those companies are global.  

Well apparently this isn't a customs issue rather than the fact USPS closed so many locations that their volume within their main ones has increased dramatically the past years extending shipping delays sometimes by weeks.

Why would someone refer to parcel shipping as 'snail' shipping?  Is there some way to electronically transmit a parcel over the internet instantly that I don't know about?  You guys have to tell me if we invented teleportation!

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Why would someone refer to parcel shipping as 'snail' shipping?  Is there some way to electronically transmit a parcel over the internet instantly that I don't know about?  You guys have to tell me if we invented teleportation!

I had stuff come over all the way from Slovenia to Eastern Canada in 2 days. I don't know why you're defending USPS when they literally hold your package at each of their facilities for a few days for no reason.

14 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

I had stuff come over all the way from Slovenia to Eastern Canada in 2 days. I don't know why you're defending USPS when they literally hold your package at each of their facilities for a few days for no reason.

I wonder if they lost your package. It can happen. Call Swifttech and let them know. They can poke a prod the Government. But my guess is they lost it. Or they have concerns about your package. Remember USPS is a Federal Agency. So they have to do all the checks the other Federal Agencies do. Keep in mind, our Government doesn't use logic.  

Personally Id contact Swifttech and see A) If they can check the status of your package. B) Find out what shipping method they used. USPS for domestic mail the cheapest is like 7 to 10 business days. That could be the issues. Most companies use the cheapest option. C) If they need to ship it again, find out if they can ship via UPS or FedEx, though they might charge extra for that. 

Trust me, if they shipped 7 to 10 business day option, it will take that amount of time. They dont ship stuff early. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

I'm going over a couple o things here.  Firstly, there is no single parcel class for the USPS or any national postal service, and you have no idea by what class they sent it to you, I would imagine that they went with the cheapest and slowest available class that offered tracking.  Low class parcels tend not to move through customs very fast either while express classes move quickly.

Secondly, the USPS doesn't have direct access to Canada Post's tracking data in as much depth as Canada Post has, however the tracking numbers are the same on both systems. Assuming the package has not been lost, you'll probably find more up to date information by plugging your USPS tracking number into CanadaPost.ca

13 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm going over a couple o things here.  Firstly, there is no single parcel class for the USPS or any national postal service, and you have no idea by what class they sent it to you, I would imagine that they went with the cheapest and slowest available class that offered tracking.  Low class parcels tend not to move through customs very fast either while express classes move quickly.

Secondly, the USPS doesn't have direct access to Canada Post's tracking data in as much depth as Canada Post has, however the tracking numbers are the same on both systems. Assuming the package has not been lost, you'll probably find more up to date information by plugging your USPS tracking number into CanadaPost.ca

I understand national postal services are slower than private carriers, you don't have to explain that to me. What you don't understand is that USPS has doubled in some cases its delivery time since 2-3 years even on express shipping because they closed so much locations to reduce cost because they have an outdated business plan just like Canada Post is stuck with the same issue, but they didn't get to the point of increasing delays. 

And since you assume Swiftech used the basic one, they in fact used the international express which is supposed to be 3-5 days and even less to Canada. They are just as upset as me because they paid for it, but its not new to them nor is it to people who actually notice how crappy their service is. My package has literally been sitting for 8 days at their LA location, there's no excuse. 

Also, CanadaPost tracking is way slower than USPS when tracking USPS packages. 

12 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Also, CanadaPost tracking is way slower than USPS when tracking USPS packages. 

Not once they've entered -Canada-.  I've had packages disappear from USPS tracking as they crossed the boarder where as Canada Post had tracking data.  Give it a shot at least, would you?

To be fair it just depends on the level of shipping that was paid for, most companies to save money will just go with the slowest and cheapest option, which yes can take awhile to get their. If you order it next day, priority ect it get's their alot quicker. I used to use priority all the time when I was selling on ebay and the most it took to get something across the country was about 3 days. Of course packages get lost and other things can happen as well that delays the shipment.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo