Have to replace my keyboard :(

I flipped my keyboard over to tap out dust, and the cable connector isn't making contact consistently now.  If the cable is held at a certain angle, it starts to connect to install the generic drivers.  Any attempt to lay it down normally loses the connection.  I've tried another cable and it didn't help.  Makes me sad.  Really liked it.  Is that a common issue with micro-USB?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Not really?!

What keyboard was it?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

56 minutes ago, Bittenfleax said:

Not really?!

What keyboard was it?

CM Quickfire Rapid.  Worked great for about 3.5 years.

2 hours ago, Michael McAllister said:

You can send it for repair... It's going to be cheaper than buying a new one.... In the meantime you can use a cheap Keyboard...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

10 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You can send it for repair... It's going to be cheaper than buying a new one.... In the meantime you can use a cheap Keyboard...

Doesn't say what the cost is.

1 minute ago, Michael McAllister said:

Doesn't say what the cost is.

Well, it seems like you have a broken connector, they shouldn't charge you much.... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If you are looking for a replacement... Take a look at these options...

1. Cheap Mechanical with blue switches... 

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16823162029

2.Very cheap "hybrid mechanical" Keyboard 

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16823129045

3."Hybrid Mechanical" Keyboard with RGB LED lighting 

https://m.newegg.com/Product/Index?itemNumber=N82E16823129060

And I forgot another option...

A high quality tkl Keyboard

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16823816015

14 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

@PCGuy_5960 I bought this one.

I wish you luck with your new demon.

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

Just now, Swiftfeather said:

I wish you luck with your new demon.

Demon?  Is that a really bad keyboard?

Demon?  Is that a really bad keyboard?

It's a Razer product, and as I discovered last night after a lot of research and coming to these forums is that nobody really likes razer and their quality is terrible 

Yo check dis out 

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

2 minutes ago, Swiftfeather said:

It's a Razer product, and as I discovered last night after a lot of research and coming to these forums is that nobody really likes razer and their quality is terrible 

Yo check dis out 

:/

:/

Fear not! Even though razer is still terrible, I do hear that their newer keyboards from this year have a different keyswitch manufacturer, greentech or something, and their failure rate is noticably lower than kailh... Doesn't forgive the fact that it's still a razer keyboard ;)

On 8/18/2016 at 5:16 AM, Michael McAllister said:

Can you send it to me, if you got a new one?

I would like to have it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, spwath said:

Can you send it to me, if you got a new one?

I would like to have it.

It doesn't stay connected.  That's the only reason I got a new one.  It appears to be an issue with the internal circuitry because I've tried multiple cables and a different computer.

4 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

It doesn't stay connected.  That's the only reason I got a new one.  It appears to be an issue with the internal circuitry because I've tried multiple cables and a different computer.

But can you give me the broken one if you don't want it?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

But can you give me the broken one if you don't want it?

Well, depending on where you're located, shipping can be pretty pricey.

2 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

Well, depending on where you're located, shipping can be pretty pricey.

Oh, you are in CA, I'm in ny. That's like worst case senario.

Just now, spwath said:

Oh, you are in CA, I'm in ny. That's like worst case senario.

Yeah, a lot of money to pay for a keyboard that doesn't work properly.  If you really want it that bad, we can work something out, but I don't think you'll be able to fix it unless you plan on doing some sort of tinkering with the PCB.

20 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

Yeah, a lot of money to pay for a keyboard that doesn't work properly.  If you really want it that bad, we can work something out, but I don't think you'll be able to fix it unless you plan on doing some sort of tinkering with the PCB.

I'm pretty confident I could. I'll check how much it would be and see if I'll be willing to pay