Cooler Master B500 v.2

Hi, 

So I decided to go with a cooler master B500 v2 for my new budget build(in my signature). I just want to know that would I run into any kind of issues with this PSU? 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

No, that thing shouldn't be powering a graphics card. Upgrade that with an EVGA B2, G2, GS, GQ, anything from seasonic or XFX (Excluding the XT), Corsair Gray label CX, RMi, RMx, HXi, AXi and Antec High Current series.

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No, that thing shouldn't be powering a graphics card. Upgrade that with an EVGA B2, G2, GS, GQ, anything from seasonic or XFX (Excluding the XT), Corsair Gray label CX, RMi, RMx, HXi, AXi and Antec High Current series.

Is it that bad? I heard it was decent with 85% efficiency. 

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

56 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Is it that bad? I heard it was decent with 85% efficiency. 

Efficiency has nothing to do with quality in any way, shape or form. There are awful Platinum-rated units out there and spectacular bronze rated units. You need to return it and get a better PSU if you want to safely power the system in your signature. The EVGA B2 750W (overkill but EVGA refuses to release a lower-spec one) is not expensive and should do you nicely. If it's not available in your country then look into Seasonic offerings or a Corsair CX450M.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

57 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Efficiency has nothing to do with quality in any way, shape or form. There are awful Platinum-rated units out there and spectacular bronze rated units. You need to return it and get a better PSU if you want to safely power the system in your signature. The EVGA B2 750W (overkill but EVGA refuses to release a lower-spec one) is not expensive and should do you nicely. If it's not available in your country then look into Seasonic offerings or a Corsair CX450M.

How about the CX500?

5 hours ago, Shubham Yadav said:

How about the CX500?

It's an improvement but the CX450/550M are far, far better.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

14 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Efficiency can be beneficial to quality, though. Less waste heat can be very healthy for the capacitors, and it also allows for a more relaxed fan profile and a slower spinning fan could also last longer itself. Though I agree, not an ideal PSU for his system. The CX450M seems perfect. Plus I only trust reviewers' efficiency measurements over the 80+ ratings; too many units are tailored to be efficient only in the loads the 80+ organization tests and seem to slack off elsewhere.

9 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's an improvement but the CX450/550M are far, far better.

EVGA, Corsair CXM or seasonic PSUs are not available in my country.

1 hour ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Look at this list, PSUs in tier 3 and above are good enough.

9 hours ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Can you link all the people in this thread to a store you can buy from and a budget?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2016 at 9:22 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

Can you link all the people in this thread to a store you can buy from and a budget?

http://mdcomputers.in/products/smps-1608243022

Budget is around 5000 INR. The prices are in INR so that's why. I can extend the budget if the PSU is really good. 

hi i currently have the b500 v2 coolermaster, im running z87 extreme 4 mobo, i7 4770k, and gtx 970, 16gb ram ddr3 running 1600mhz and 120gb ssd.. can it run? YES! can it damage all your components? YES YES YES AND YES!!! avoid this psu, my computer sometimes will stuck in going to bios or not and i think my psu is causing it to freeze at that stage.. Im going to get my self a evga 750w G2 tomorrow as that has got to be the best cheapest psu out there.. ive had the b500 v2 cm for about 3-4 weeks now and i wouldnt recommend you getting it.. infact i would not recommend you getting any psu thats under $100aud($70+us)

MAIN RIG: i7 4790k Cpu, gigabyte gtx 980ti reference, z97 pc mate motherboard, 8gb of ram running 1600mhz, 120gb kingston ssd, 1tb 5200rpm hard drive, EVGA 750w g2 Power supply. 3dmark firestrike score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7428515

SECOND RIG: i7 4770k Cpu, gigabyte gtx 970 windforce oc, z87 extreme4 motherboard, 16gb ripjaws ram running 1600mhz, 120gb sandisk plus ssd, B500 v2 coolermaster Power supply. 3dmark firestrike score: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10025959

On 19/08/2016 at 0:14 PM, Shubham Yadav said:

corsair cxm and seasonic are available in india and they also handle rma in india.

=> corsair csm 450w 

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/corsair-csm-series-cs450m-450w-power-supply/

=>cooler master gm series 550w 

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/cooler-master-gm-series-550w-power-supply/

=>seasonic s12II 520w 

http://mdcomputers.in/smps-1608243022/seasonic-smps-s12ii-520w.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

these are little above your budget if you cannot buy them then this id  also a good option

=>corsair cxm "green unit" 500w

http://mdcomputers.in/smps-1608243022/corsair-smps-cx500m-500-watt-80-plus-bronze-certification-semi-modular-psu-with-active-pfc-cp-9020059-uk.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

2 hours ago, Shubham Yadav said:

http://mdcomputers.in/products/smps-1608243022

Budget is around 5000 INR. The prices are in INR so that's why. I can extend the budget if the PSU is really good. 

The new Corsair CXM (the grey-label units) will do you nicely. 450W is enough.

21 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The new Corsair CXM (the grey-label units) will do you nicely. 450W is enough.

Grey label is unfortunately available only in 750 and 850 W variants in here, and those cost more than the SF450. Should I go for them or the SF450? 

44 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

corsair cxm and seasonic are available in india and they also handle rma in india.

=> corsair csm 450w 

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/corsair-csm-series-cs450m-450w-power-supply/

=>cooler master gm series 550w 

http://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/cooler-master-gm-series-550w-power-supply/

=>seasonic s12II 520w 

http://mdcomputers.in/smps-1608243022/seasonic-smps-s12ii-520w.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

these are little above your budget if you cannot buy them then this id  also a good option

=>corsair cxm "green unit" 500w

http://mdcomputers.in/smps-1608243022/corsair-smps-cx500m-500-watt-80-plus-bronze-certification-semi-modular-psu-with-active-pfc-cp-9020059-uk.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

I can get the RM450 in about the same amount. I think going for them might be a better option. I will also have to see a way to RMA my current PSU, which I should have researched better before buying. 

2 hours ago, Neighbour said:

hi i currently have the b500 v2 coolermaster, im running z87 extreme 4 mobo, i7 4770k, and gtx 970, 16gb ram ddr3 running 1600mhz and 120gb ssd.. can it run? YES! can it damage all your components? YES YES YES AND YES!!! avoid this psu, my computer sometimes will stuck in going to bios or not and i think my psu is causing it to freeze at that stage.. Im going to get my self a evga 750w G2 tomorrow as that has got to be the best cheapest psu out there.. ive had the b500 v2 cm for about 3-4 weeks now and i wouldnt recommend you getting it.. infact i would not recommend you getting any psu thats under $100aud($70+us)

I already have it for a few weeks now. It runs fine for now but i'm worried it might do something to my system. However, my system is a lot lighter than yours with a locked CPU and a much lower power GPU. 

41 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

I can get the RM450 in about the same amount. I think going for them might be a better option. I will also have to see a way to RMA my current PSU, which I should have researched better before buying. 

Get the RM, good idea.

43 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

Grey label is unfortunately available only in 750 and 850 W variants in here, and those cost more than the SF450. Should I go for them or the SF450? 

The SF450 is an SFX form factor PSU. Why would you buy that?

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Get the RM, good idea.

The SF450 is an SFX form factor PSU. Why would you buy that?

I will get the RM450 then. Thanks. 

I had no idea that PSUs have different form factors.

2 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

I will get the RM450 then. Thanks. 

I had no idea that PSUs have different form factors.

The TFX form factor would not fit in most systems, for example ;)