Damning list of missing features from No Mans Sky published (then deleted) on Reddit

Master Disaster

Reddit User MeetWayneKerr posted a pretty huge list of everything that was promised by Sean Murrey or shown to players in trailers and demos that was absent in the final version of the game.

The reason why so much of the games content was cut remains a mystery but I strongly urge anybody thinking of buying No Mans Sky to hold off and at least go and look at this list before you spend your $60/£40 on a shell of a game.

Now I'm not even going to try and copy the content over to here because it is way to long and complex and Ijust dont have the time to do it justice so I'm just gonna link to the archive page, remember that this post has since been deleted from Reddit with no explanation as to why.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160816191001/https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y046e/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Sean Murrey, Snake Oil Salesmen? I'll let you make your own mind up on that one!

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Seems he got his account hacked or deleted his account due to hatred of spelling out the truth to all the fanboys. Here is a clone of the original post posted on /r gaming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Either one of these things happened

A) Sean lied about everything to hype up the game (probably not)

B) their ambitions outgrew their talents and they couldn't make what they wanted, and it never left concept stage

C) They were rushed due to being a small team, and Sony wanted the game out, or they just needed to release 

No matter the reason, he should have kept his moth shut

Or do we have another Molyneux on our hands!!!!!!!!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

B) their ambitions outgrew their talents and they couldn't make what they wanted, and it never left concept stage

C) They were rushed due to being a small team, and Sony wanted the game out, or they just needed to release 

A ) I wouldn't be surprised if he did lie, many devs lie to get hype pumped. NMS is not restricted from that, The Division was hyped, Rainbow Six Siege, COD, BF4

B ) if so they would've spoken about removed features or hell maybe not cause to gain hype.

C ) They had a delay to do stuff, they could've done more delays to fix things or add things, but 9 times out of 10 it's usually bullshit and the game still suffers from massive bugs and issues. Especially in this time and age of video games

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

No man's sky more like No man's going to buy this shitty game.

I wouldnt call it shitty, if you knew nothing about the promises and the game was not AAA priced, then youd probably find it really fun and enjoyable, like if it was a $20-30 game and you didnt get promised the universe

Just now, Ramamataz said:

SNIP

I doubt they would lie THAT much, to be honest he was always so vague when people asked questions and never gave direct answers

I feel like he knew they might not have those features in, but instead of saying "no" and putting people off or saying "yes" to commit to the hype, he kept it vague for plausible deniability 

He saw the game was getting hype so saying "actually its only a basic game" would have killed it off

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

A) Most of the stuff in the list was showcased at some point so it must have been, at least, semi working in some build of the game.

B) If its only concept then don't show it and certainly don't get up on stage and tell everyone its in the game

C) More like coerced by Sony into releasing a Minimal Viable Product so they can sell us some of this stuff as DLC later on.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

I wouldnt call it shitty, if you knew nothing about the promises and the game was not AAA priced, then youd probably find it really fun and enjoyable, like if it was a $20-30 game and you didnt get promised the universe

I still always research a game regardless if it was hyped or not. If I look at every other review and all of them say the game runs like shit its, shit in my book. Just like the Division, it was overhyped and people thought it was a MMO killer, come to the game and it was nothing but massive bugs, glitches and crappy loot system that destroyed the game nearly completely within 3 months of game being released. Which in my book means the gaming company/publisher fucked up big time. I only purchased cause I was bored and saw the game for 30 dollars on G2A. Then saw for my self the game was pretty damn broken and the only reason I put up with the game is due to what? Multiplayer and having friends to play with.

No Man's Sky looks like an enjoyable game to those who like exploring a crummier version of minecraft  but with space and nothing else but hopefully get bored of the game and give up trying to reach the center of the universe. The big problem is that game devs need to be both cautious what they say and be truthful what they say.  Cause you know what?  Hello Games is starting to get a massive negative backlash for not being truthful and not keeping their word to things they said. 

Of course gamers are going to get mad, if you say in a interview and say you can do x and do x but never deliver then people are going to start to question the devs and the game as a whole. 

Heck if they said certain features won't be available but would be in periodically patches then that's okay, hell am fine with that more free content for the users like how Rainbow Six Siege is. But they didn't which raises more questions, are they going to be patches or DLC's ? No one knows and it seems that the publisher isn't communicating with consumers of their games very well.  

2 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

I still always research a game regardless if it was hyped or not.

Same i never pre-order, i wait for it to come out , check out gameplay videos, reviews, lets plays, etc

that said I generally always buy game sequels blindly, just cos why not

8 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

Seems he got his account hacked or deleted his account due to hatred of spelling out the truth to all the fanboys. Here is a clone of the original post posted on /r gaming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

If that's true it shows just how toxic the community (or a subset of it) is surrounding this game. 

8 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Same i never pre-order, i wait for it to come out , check out gameplay videos, reviews, lets plays, etc

that said I generally always buy game sequels blindly, just cos why not

I will preorder most of the JRPG's that I enjoy on consoles as people will scalp the living hell out of the collectors editions. However the benefit to that is if the game sucks I can generally still turn a profit because the collectors edition is so outrageously blown up.

Glad I did not pre order NMS though. My buddy was pushing me to do so as he was one of those die hard fan boys. All I ever thought when I looked at it was that it was simply a cartoony version of elite dangerous without much of the things I love in ED.

You know what's worse than the broken promises... All the Puns, and memes that came out of this game... 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

4 hours ago, Quibiss said:

And the million death threats from the most rabid fanbase (

You mean 18 quintillion death threats?

I'm happy with the game, yes it's not all it was shown off to be, the devs obviously bit off more they could chew. There office was destroyed with floods. Just look at the toll it has took on sean, there are plenty of before and after photos. He tried to make the best game he can and I believe the game will get better down the line with future updates.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

6 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

I'm happy with the game, yes it's not all it was shown off to be, the devs obviously bit off more they could chew. There office was destroyed with floods. Just look at the toll it has took on sean, there are plenty of before and after photos. He tried to make the best game he can and I believe the game will get better down the line with future updates.

Hey, that's totally fine buddy. I'm not in the business of telling people what they should and shouldn't like and if you do like the game then I'm sincerely happy for you. Honestly it's one of the better survival/gathering games out there right now. 

I'm pissed at Sean running his advertising campaign around a huge pack of lies, nothing more. 

I know it's a meme done to death but Sean is like the lovechild of Todd Howard & Peter Molyneux. 

Oh yeah, and

6 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Hey, that's totally fine buddy. I'm not in the business of telling people what they should and shouldn't like and if you do like the game then I'm sincerely happy for you. Honestly it's one of the better survival/gathering games out there right now. 

I'm pissed at Sean running his advertising campaign around a huge pack of lies, nothing more. 

I know it's a meme done to death but Sean is like the lovechild of Todd Howard & Peter Molyneux. 

Oh yeah, and

It's like ordering a cheese burger that was advertised as such, and all I got was half a bun with some sausage on it.... I'll still eat it...

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

On 17.8.2016 at 0:07 PM, ShadowCaptain said:

It's Sony after all so I'm guessing C. Small team, not enough time and greedy Sony wanting to cash in the hype.

Here is a link to an article about why the OP deleted the post and their account.

http://www.vice.com/read/inside-the-nasty-no-mans-sky-backlash

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

There are so many elements to this whole issue. At the end of the day, we all need to remember; this is just a video game. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS