Does anyone know about a Dell S2415HB monitor? Is it IPS?

Bleedingyamato

I'm considering buying one but I can't seem to find any info about it.

What kinds of video inputs does it have?

Does it have built in speakers?

How does it differ from a Dell S2415H?

Is there no such thing as a S2415HB and maybe the seller is listing the model number incorrectly?

I don't know, I'm guessing it's listed incorrectly though as this is all I could find 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-s2415h-23-8-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/8544005.p?id=1219345073733

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

I don't know, I'm guessing it's listed incorrectly though as this is all I could find 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-s2415h-23-8-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/8544005.p?id=1219345073733

That's my theory too.  I'm hoping to snag a good deal on a cheap IPS monitor but I'm afraid I might accidentally buy a non-IPS monitor if I try getting the S2415HB

There is also a listing for a S2415 that does say it's IPS so I could always try for that to be safe.

But not knowing about the S2415HB is bugging me..  ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's my theory too.  I'm hoping to snag a good deal on a cheap IPS monitor but I'm afraid I might accidentally buy a non-IPS monitor if I try getting the S2415HB

There is also a listing for a S2415 that does say it's IPS so I could always try for that to be safe.

But not knowing about the S2415HB is bugging me..  ?

There's a manual for the HB: http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/shared-content~solutions~en/documents~disp_s2415hb_us.pdf

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

That's actually the regulatory compliance PDF, but you're on the right track. I've linked the correct manual below:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_display/dell-s2415h_User's Guide_en-us.pdf

Product Features

The Dell S2415H flat panel monitor has an active matrix, Thin-Film Transistor (TFT), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), and Light Emitting Diode (LED) backlight. The monitor features include:

• 60.47 cm (23.8-inch) viewable area display (measured diagonally). 1920 x 1080 resolution with full-screen support for lower resolutions.

• Wide viewing angle to allow viewing from a sitting or standing position, or while moving from side-to-side.

• Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio (8,000,000:1).

• Tilt capability.

• Ultra-thin bezel minimizes the bezel gap in multi-monitor usage, enabling easier set up with an elegant viewing experience.

• Extensive digital connectivity with HDMI (MHL) helps future-proof your monitor.

• Removable stand and Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA™) 100 mm mounting holes for flexible mounting solutions.

• Plug and play capable.

• Color gamut of 72% (CIE1931).

• On-Screen Display (OSD) adjustments for easy setup and screen optimization.

• Software and documentation media includes an Information File (INF), Image Color Matching File (ICM), and product documentation.

• Dell Display Manager Software (Available on the disc shipped with the monitor).

• Energy Saver feature for Energy Star compliance.

• Security-lock slot.

• Stand lock.

• Capability to switch from wide aspect to standard aspect ratio while maintaining image quality.

• EPEAT Gold Rating.

• BFR/PVC-reduced.

• TCO-Certified Displays.

• Arsenic-Free glass and Mercury-Free for the panel only.

• 0.5 W standby power when in the sleep mode.

• Energy Gauge shows the energy level being consumed by the monitor in real time.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

-snip-

That's for the H not HB.

✨PC Specs✨

13 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

That's for the H not HB.

They are the same monitor. If you do some sleuthing, you'll see that the regulatory PDF you found tells you that.

MARKETING NAME S2415H

REGULATORY MODEL S2415Hb

REGULATORY TYPE NA

EFFECTIVE DATE July 29, 2014

EMC EMISSIONS CLASS… B

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, kirashi said:

They are the same monitor. If you do some sleuthing, you'll see that the regulatory PDF you found tells you that.

MARKETING NAME S2415H

REGULATORY MODEL S2415Hb

REGULATORY TYPE NA

EFFECTIVE DATE July 29, 2014

EMC EMISSIONS CLASS… B

So both are the same and both are IPS?

Any idea why the seller has separate listings for a H and a HB?

They're selling two monitors with one listed as a H and the other as a HB.  

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So both are the same and both are IPS?

Both models numbers refer to the same monitor, the Dell S2415H. There are not 2 monitors.

And yes, it appears to be an IPS display, although according to Amazon there is a new version of it available, the Dell SE2416HX.

11 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Both models numbers refer to the same monitor, the Dell S2415H. There are not 2 monitors.

And yes, it appears to be an IPS display, although according to Amazon there is a new version of it available, the Dell SE2416HX.

I know it's not two monitors.  I'm just saying the seller on the site where I'm looking at them has a listing for the H and HB model numbers as if they were different monitors.  They must be selling two of the same monitor.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I know it's not two monitors.  I'm just saying the seller on the site where I'm looking at them has a listing for the H and HB model numbers as if they were different monitors.  They must be selling two of the same monitor.

They definitely are, unless they're being dishonest. Or they're just confused. I often see two different models for the same products listed on ebay listings simply because the sellers are confused and don't know much about the products.

On August 15, 2016 at 5:32 PM, kirashi said:

They definitely are, unless they're being dishonest. Or they're just confused. I often see two different models for the same products listed on ebay listings simply because the sellers are confused and don't know much about the products.

Awesome.  I'm hoping to get an IPS monitor for cheap so I have something with better color accuracy than my ASUS VG248QE until I save up for a shiny and awesome 4K monitor.

But I've been afraid to try bidding on that monitor since I didn't know if it was IPS or not.