PC shutting down when under load.

Go to solution Solved by SageOfSpice,

If your monitor is physically powering down, then I'd be more inclined to believe it has to do with power fluctuations within your home.

How to check if the wattage given on the product is continuous or peak?

On 14/08/2016 at 4:06 PM, legacy99 said:

So if your monitor stays on while your PC shuts down and its on the same circuit, we can reasonably assume its not your electricity causing it. You will likely need a different PSU as like you said, its not of a good brand. Upgrade your PSU to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 PSU out of the PSU Tier list thread in my signature and it will likely resolve your issue. 

On 14/08/2016 at 4:06 PM, SageOfSpice said:

If your monitor is physically powering down, then I'd be more inclined to believe it has to do with power fluctuations within your home.

On 16/08/2016 at 2:01 AM, samiscool51 said:

what i did if a system was overheating was using a fan (not a pc one) and cooling the computer while i troubleshooted it

probably first one to use that method

On 15/08/2016 at 5:50 PM, marshmallowbam said:

i agree with you there. however since he said he had issues with unreliable power consumption it might be in his best interest to go with a 80+ gold. personally i usually go with either a corsair or EVGA power supply, since EVGA is essentially a relabled corsair just a little cheaper, as for what type to get that is completely up to you. if you want it to look clean on the inside i'd go with a fully modular if you can afford it, or even a semi. Standard power supplies generally dont have 80+ certifications i dont think. if you want to get a large enough power supply and not have to worry about anything but still stay on the cheap side you should be good with about a 550w.

Hey guys.

Today I called a computer expert (So called)...

I installed a UPS with CM G550M (http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/modular-gm-series/g550m/) (On testing purpouse) and the problem continued!

So he checked the RAM and said 'RAM isn't responsible' and removed the GPU and told me to run BF4... It didn't stall

Then he installed GPU in second PCIe slot (of Asus Z170 Pro Gaming) and after it didn't stall. UPS Shut my PC down 2x because of fluctuation (It wasn't charged yet)

Also I got an Driver update of nVidia today. I ran DiRT Showdown, DiRT 3 and BF4 and found no issue.

Still, After nearly 20 mins in BF4, PC stalled and UPS was screaming. I don't know if it was the same issue or it was fluctuation cause I wasn't near the PC.

That engineer said it's the overheating of GPU (Before: less than 75C Now: aroung 80C) + Fluctuation + PSU + GPU could've been slightly moved while cable management (He was talking about real slight movement).

I'm still on G550M + UPS + GPU in 2nd slot.

"I still don't know if the issue is solved yet"

Any explanation?

Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (44).png

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (46).png

Screenshot (47).png

I dont think its an issue with the GPU. Try taking the core voltage slider and move it all the way right to 100% and also move the power limit to the full and test.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

I dont think its an issue with the GPU. Try taking the core voltage slider and move it all the way right to 100% and also move the power limit to the full and test.

I'm not sure if the issue is still there!

Is there any way to test other than playing BF4 and getting confused?

BTW, my core voltage slider is locked. and how come changing GPU 'worked'?

And how much time would I have to play to make sure issue is gone?

Go in the options to unlock the voltage slider in Afterburner. 

How long previously before it would crash? I would take that time and atleast double it to consider it resolved personally. You can download the MSI kombuster app to stress test your GPU for a few hours to see if it remains stable. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I would suggest taking your computer over to a friend's house to test it.

Given that them monitor powered down, and given that changing the PSU didn't accomplish anything, I have reason to believe that the issue has to do with the power delivery either to your home, or within your home.

If you can take this over to a friend's home who runs sensitive hardware such as a computer, I think it'd be a good thing to rule out. 

GPUs run at that tempture normanly, it can't be the GPU it's something to do with the power being dilveried to your house, as @SageOfSpice said

7 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Given that them monitor powered down, and given that changing the PSU didn't accomplish anything, I have reason to believe that the issue has to do with the power delivery either to your home, or within your home.

If you can take this over to a friend's home who runs sensitive hardware such as a computer, I think it'd be a good thing to rule out. 

something might be wrong with the fuse box, call your electrician to have a look and see if anything is wrong

also sometimes UPS's can't help with varying electrical voltages, they are built to provide power in a power out and smooth out the incoming power from the wall, to a point, after a certain voltage it fails to smooth it out and sends direct voltage from the wall

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

16 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Go in the options to unlock the voltage slider in Afterburner. 

How long previously before it would crash? I would take that time and atleast double it to consider it resolved personally. You can download the MSI kombuster app to stress test your GPU for a few hours to see if it remains stable. 

13 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

5 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

GPUs run at that tempture normanly, it can't be the GPU it's something to do with the power being dilveried to your house, as @SageOfSpice said

something might be wrong with the fuse box, call your electrician to have a look and see if anything is wrong

also sometimes UPS's can't help with varying electrical voltages, they are built to provide power in a power out and smooth out the incoming power from the wall, to a point, after a certain voltage it fails to smooth it out and sends direct voltage from the wall

I'm suspicious about voltage... I have no doubt! But why does it restarts after exact same time?!

I checked the issue with BF 4 again (with sliding core voltage and power limit to full), It used to stall after 10-12 mins, now it stalls after 25 mins (happened 2x)...

Also, I live on a literal hill and have no friends in my city. I think I'd have to  go to my dealer and get a complete checkup!

(My college is staring this month and I was planning to game all month... but this happened. I'm not even sure when will I get time to checkup)

Could it be a issue of MSI afterburner? I also checked all capacitors on mobo, they look fine. I'm not sure about mobo temps.

Also ran PC without ATX extensions... no effect.

Now tried DiRT 3 (It used to run for around 2-5 mins) with core voltage+power limit full, it ran 55 min without reboot. 'I closed the game' after 55 mins but, BF4 again ran 10 mins. And I've been calling electrician for 3 days... I'm waiting for him too.

Edited by ON27

21 hours ago, legacy99 said:

17 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

9 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

Good News guyz!!!

The electrician showed up today and changed the line (too much money). I played BF4 (without Afterburner) continuously for 1 hr 10 mins, consider above 50 mins without any stall/crash/fluctuation.

My dealer just called and said that the PSU was damaged too. (He's still sure it was GPU's misplacement -_-)

So I think that the electricity + PSU were both responsible. (cause I was using the same electricity line since my PC was built) I hope the problem is gone.

My dealer said I should still checkup my PC! (Do I need to?)

I'm keeping the Tier 4 G550M cause I'm nearly out of money after buying new SSD and Printer.

And since the problem is (hopefully) gone, Should I revert GPU to PCIe 1st slot?

Also, What can I do about the fluctuating electricity if it happens again?!

I think PC's and sensitive gadgets aren't made for my country and that's why my PC is only one Powerful PC in whole city (Says the survey).

Thanks a lot for your time and help. I'll post if something's still there!