I need some assistance with a new PC

Tails

Ive always like playing video games but ive never really been able to run any on my 7 year old Dell. Recently it started having problems so I thought it was a good a time as any to start looking into a new one. My budgest is in the 500 - 600 USD range, and it will mainly be used for playibg games like killing floor 2 and LoL. If a new monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset and mic could fit into the budget that would be amazing but it is not necesarry. Im upgrading because my 7 year old dell cant run anything and recently the driver started crashing. I know very little about computer so some detailed explanations for parts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

if you dont know much i would go on youtube and watch loads of PC parts explained kind of videos, that will help you with your picks here, and also a bunch of videos on the most recent hardware and some benchmarks :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 minutes ago, Tails said:

Ive always like playing video games but ive never really been able to run any on my 7 year old Dell. Recently it started having problems so I thought it was a good a time as any to start looking into a new one. My budgest is in the 500 - 600 USD range, and it will mainly be used for playibg games like killing floor 2 and LoL. If a new monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset and mic could fit into the budget that would be amazing but it is not necesarry. Im upgrading because my 7 year old dell cant run anything and recently the driver started crashing. I know very little about computer so some detailed explanations for parts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

If you want even a half decent system with peripherals for 600 bucks you're going to have to go used.

Otherwise, If i had 500-600 USD to spend on a gaming rig, this is what I would buy (doesn't come with windows)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qnkqpb

If you could stretch the budget a bit passed 600, I would upgrade the CPU to this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/w4XMvV

31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if you dont know much i would go on youtube and watch loads of PC parts explained kind of videos, that will help you with your picks here, and also a bunch of videos on the most recent hardware and some benchmarks :) 

Great answer. I would recommend watching budget oriented build guides. 

I did some research on the minimum and recommenced requirements of both games 

Killing Floor 2:

Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Additional Notes: UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE: IntelHD Integrated Graphics Chips, 32-bit Operating Systems

Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950
DirectX: Version 11

LoL

2 GHz processor (supporting SSE2 instruction set or higher)
1 GB RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and newer)
8 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Screen resolutions up to 1920x1200
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10

3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and higher)
12 GB available hard disk space
Nvidia GeForce 8800/AMD Radeon HD 5670 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB or higher Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 with the latest service pack installed

For the system I would recommend the flowing specs:

3Gz CPU (AMD Athlon or low end FX will do, maybe intel if you have extra money)*

4-8gB of ram

WD Blue 1Tb or 500 Gb hdd

Windows 10

Gtx 950 or 750 ti maybe

Please note that these are my quick recommendations with little thought. You might have to sacrifice a few things to make it fit in the budget. I will make a complete PC part picker link when I get more time but I do recommend doing the research yourself as well just so you understand what you are getting and so you can make any changes you think are necessary. 

*I am reccomending an AMD cpu as they are generally cheaper than Intel cpu's with similar performance

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.3 Ghz ASRock 970M PRO3 8Gb DDR3 RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB Dual WindForce Windows 10 Home w/ Anniversary update http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2zNp2R

Just now, littlepro01 said:

Great answer. I would recommend watching budget oriented build guides. 

I did some research on the minimum and recommenced requirements of both games 

Killing Floor 2:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66GHz or Phenom II X2 545
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTS 250 or Radeon HD 4830
DirectX: Version 10
Additional Notes: UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE: IntelHD Integrated Graphics Chips, 32-bit Operating Systems

Processor: Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz or Phenom II X4 955
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950
DirectX: Version 11

LoL

2 GHz processor (supporting SSE2 instruction set or higher)
1 GB RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and newer)
8 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Screen resolutions up to 1920x1200
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP (Service Pack 3 ONLY), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10

3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and higher)
12 GB available hard disk space
Nvidia GeForce 8800/AMD Radeon HD 5670 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB or higher Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 with the latest service pack installed

For the system I would recommend the flowing specs:

3Gz CPU (AMD Athlon or low end FX will do)

4-8gB of ram

WD Blue 1Tb or 500 Gb hdd

Windows 10

Gtx 950 or 750 ti maybe

Please note that these are my quick recommendations with little thought. You might have to sacrifice a few things to make it fit in the budget. I will make a complete PC part picker link when I get more time but I do recommend doing the research yourself as well just so you understand what you are getting and so you can make any changes you think are necessary. 

you can easaly get way over recomended spec for those games with used parts tbh, used can be super cheap sometimes

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you can easaly get way over recomended spec for those games with used parts tbh, used can be super cheap sometimes

Ik, and I'm not stopping him from buying used, however he may not  want to take that route. But let's let him make the decision for himself as he may not be comfortable with buying used

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.3 Ghz ASRock 970M PRO3 8Gb DDR3 RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB Dual WindForce Windows 10 Home w/ Anniversary update http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2zNp2R

41 minutes ago, Tails said:

You can go all new and get a decent monitor as well as a keyboard mouse and headset.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ktxTJV

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($56.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380X 4GB PCS+ Myst. Edition Video Card  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($32.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus VX228H 21.5" 60Hz Monitor  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Headphones: Logitech G430 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($39.99 @ Best Buy)

Total: $625.39

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-13 18:02 EDT-0400

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x