No Man's Hardware?

Can we talk about everyone's experiences with No Man's Sky for a minute?

(For the record I have no idea where I would put this on this forum because it sort of covers a load of different topics)

So if you've been keeping up with the news relating to the game, you'll know that it's not doing too well on Steam (currently at 45% positive) nor on people's computers performance-wise. There's been crashes, low frame rates and general naffness across the board.

The odd thing I've found though is that the game's run like a charm on my PC. I know I sound like I'm just showing off, but the odd thing is my rig is very much not a high-end set up.

I'm running on a GTX 970 over clocked to about 1.4GHz and an old AMD A8 5500 which is no doubt bottlenecking my card. As for RAM I've currently got 8GB.

For my drivers I'll have to edit this post and put them in tomorrow (or maybe in about 14 hours? It's 23:31 here right now so tomorrow maybe late tonight to some peeps reading this) but I'm sure I haven't updated them in a couple of weeks.

So what's everyone else like? I'm curious to see whether it's got something to do with maybe my CPU or my drivers or whatknows.

It runs like crap on my Lenovo Y50.

Under 30 fps on any settings, massive stuttering, bad controls with mouse and keyboard.

Disappointing tbh. And yes, my laptop might not be the best gaming machine ever, and I'm not expecting to run everything at ultra and 60+ fps, but I CAN play any game I want. No Man's Sky...not so much.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

5 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Under 30 fps on any settings, massive stuttering, bad controls with mouse and keyboard.

Disappointing tbh. And yes, my laptop might not be the best gaming machine ever, and I'm not expecting to run everything at ultra and 60+ fps, but I CAN play any game I want. No Man's Sky...not so much.

Lenovo Y50 just sucks in general (I use it when I'm at a friends house or I have a friend over). I could go into all the trouble I had with it, but I don't wanna share it in this post since it's irrelevant.

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Just now, jnkokseby said:

Lenovo Y50 just sucks in general (I use it when I'm at a friends house or I have a friend over)

I myself have no issues.

Runs games better than my desktop tbh, but that's to be expected.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It seems the game is as stable as a dictator on crack, but user experience may vary.  I know some streamers I watch often are thinking of refunding the PC version and sticking with the console variant.  Which is extremely unusual.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

18 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Did you disable the 30fps cap in the settings menu....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It runs really well on my desktop. constant 60fps. I plan to try it on my laptop later. My two biggest problems with the game right now is that it has semi frequent crashes to the desktop, and that the FOV slider doesn't work...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

10 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

Did you disable the 30fps cap in the settings menu....

Yes.

24 minutes ago, totjup5 said:

FOV slider doesn't work

when you go to the apply button you need to hold it down, just like you use the inv for example

After the patch I managed to get it stable: 80 to 90 FPS max everything. There's stutter but fairly occasional not really constant. I am one of the best case scenarios for this hardware wise:  1070 and installed on an SSD.

-------

Current Rig

-------