Question(dot)

Hello, planning on building 1k euro pc. ill get straight to the question.

I5-6500 with b170 motherboard, (cant oerclock in the future) with gtx 1070

Or

i5-6600k with z170a and gtx 1060? (overcock in future.)

thxforanswerz

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

I5 6600K because you can always swap out the GPU later, but there is probably a way to get the 6600K and a 1070 within that budget, im just not that good at making parts lists

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

I5 6600K because you can always swap out the GPU later, but there is probably a way to get the 6600K and a 1070 within that budget, im just not that good at making parts lists

with prices in europe, it isnt lmao. 500 euros for gtx 1070 and 250 euros for cpu both ways :D

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

I would do the 6500. If you really want to overclock you could get that with a Z170 board and try BCLK overclocking but that's up to you. If you're looking for gaming performance the GPU matters most.

Just now, Yttrizy said:

with prices in europe, it isnt lmao. 500 euros for gtx 1070 and 250 euros for cpu both ways :D

that leaves €250 for the rest, cheep ASRock motherboard and no SSD or something and you might be able too

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

Yo I don't even know if this is in the right currency, but would this work? It's 12 euros over, but it has a 6600K and a 1070. You can always add an SSD, change case, etc later.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€239.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.45 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€108.05 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€35.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€450.88 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€43.76 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1012.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-11 23:12 CEST+0200

5 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

Yo I don't even know if this is in the right currency, but would this work? It's 12 euros over, but it has a 6600K and a 1070. You can always add an SSD, change case, etc later.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€239.34 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.45 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€108.05 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€35.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.44 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card  (€450.88 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€43.76 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1012.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-11 23:12 CEST+0200

lmao no 1100euros for low end psu and case that is a microwave. just tried to build it and its that price.

6 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

lmao no 1100euros for low end psu and case that is a microwave. just tried to build it and its that price.

No need to be a cunt, man.

There's nothing wrong with that PSU, the system is going to draw 346 Watts of power according to PC Part Picker. You gave a set budget, and I tried to fit the CPU & GPU you wanted within that budget. I did happen to go over, but only slightly.

This is the second time I've taken the time to try to fit parts together, and I've gotten salt in return both times. The Source 220 isn't a "microwave", and it has plenty of room for fans. Includes two of them as well, which actually isn't that bad for the price. For about 20 euro more, you could get an NZXT S340.

Just now, forthe48 said:

There's nothing wrong with that PSU, the system is going to draw 346 Watts of power according to PC Part Picker. You gave a set budget, and I tried to fit the CPU & GPU you wanted within that budget. I did happen to go over, but only slightly.

This is the second time I've taken the time to try to fit parts together, and I've gotten salt in return both times. The Source 220 isn't a "microwave", and it has plenty of room for fans. Includes two of them as well, which actually isn't that bad. For about 20 euro more, you could get an NZXT S340.

not cunty, i see that you tried to fit everything but prices here are like +20 euros off amazon.de

3 minutes ago, forthe48 said:

This is the second time I've taken the time to try to fit parts together, and I've gotten salt in return both times. The Source 220 isn't a "microwave", and it has plenty of room for fans. Includes two of them as well, which actually isn't that bad. For about 20 euro more, you could get an NZXT S340.

only way i could fit it is in the same exact parts except with b170 motherboards, which are shit

2 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

only way i could fit it is in the same exact parts except with b170 motherboards, which are shit

Please link me to a 'B170' motherboard. I cannot find anything listed on PCPartPicker under "B170", only "B150".

Please enlighten me as to why B170 motherboards are 'shit.'

Just now, forthe48 said:

Please link me to a 'B170' motherboard. I cannot find anything listed on PCPartPicker under "B170", only "B150".

Please enlighten me as to why B170 motherboards are 'shit.'

First off all, cant overclock them, and for the price im going the quality is pretty much terrible if im planning to get that pc for few years.