Ads Are Important...

Michael McAllister

i dont use adblock on any thing.Are ads annoying yes but if it helps content creators to sit threw a 30 sec video im all for it.

Understandable, but shouldn't the content creators/websites care about how they roll ads?  Reddit, for example, puts a lot of effort into making ads noticeable but makes sure not to ruin the user experience.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I let them run for selected creators.  It's a great moments to reload on a drink, put something away, etc.

I personally on turn on adblock for when political ads are rolling I'm sorry If you really want that ad money I'll send you $5, but I hate political ads so much. After the election is over I turn adblock off. Also Why doesn't Youtube have an Ad-free program where you can pay something like $10.00 a for 1000 video views That would last me about 4 or 5 months. Thats something like $0.01 per-view which is more than most youtubers make per view even if youtube takes half of that they would still make bank ( I think I get around $1.20 per 1k views and I have like 6 videos)  

I personally on turn on adblock for when political ads are rolling I'm sorry If you really want that ad money I'll send you $5, but I hate political ads so much. After the election is over I turn adblock off. Also Why doesn't Youtube have an Ad-free program where you can pay something like $10.00 a for 1000 video views That would last me about 4 or 5 months. Thats something like $0.01 per-view which is more than most youtubers make per view even if youtube takes half of that they would still make bank ( I think I get around $1.20 per 1k views and I have like 6 videos)  

That pretty much what twitch turbo is. But I do not think it went as well as they hoped.

That pretty much what twitch turbo is. But I do not think it went as well as they hoped.

I like the idea of twitch turbo but I don't use it enough to justify the $9 a month I mean I pay that for netflix and I watch that 10h+ a week

Ads are important? Not in the middle of you content, they're not.  When watching youtube, I sometimes get them (although rarely) and it drives me crazy. Also, watching TV is almost impossible because of them. I remember that a final episode of a local reality show had a lot of ads in it, so I went and downloaded it in a cropped form, without ads and all that. The TV broadcast was 100 minutes long. The downloaded version was 55 minutes.  Pure insanity. 

At least, there are no ads in our games yet, just "product placement". But I can imagine that there might be embedded ads in the middle of the gameplay sometime in the near future.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Ads are important? Not in the middle of you content, they're not.  When watching youtube, I sometimes get them (although rarely) and it drives me crazy. Also, watching TV is almost impossible because of them. I remember that a final episode of a local reality show had a lot of ads in it, so I went and downloaded it in a cropped form, without ads and all that. The TV broadcast was 100 minutes long. The downloaded version was 55 minutes.  Pure insanity. 

At least, there are no ads in our games yet, just "product placement". But I can imagine that there might be embedded ads in the middle of the gameplay sometime in the near future.

This is precisely why I enable AdBlock Plus on Twitch.  I hardly ever get ads in the middle of content on YouTube so I disable it there.

My PC specifications are in my profile.