Is Adobe Premiere Pro CC better?

Fortress

I have been using Sony Vegas for 5 years for video editing and I have been wondering whether I should try Adobe Premiere Pro CC or not. Is it better than Sony Vegas and what are their differences in terms of features?

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Premiere gives you a lot more to work with IMO, and even though the learning curve is kinda steep at first, I totally recommend it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

in some areas its better but in others its not I was missing a lot of my assets from sony vegas so I stopped using it and went back to vegas happily

Definitely try out Premiere CC. It definitely is better IMO.. Adobe have been doing video editing software for longer than Sony, and they are improving the software at a faster rate too.

Premiere can do a lot more stuff than Vegas, and it's cross compatibility with the rest of the Adobe suite is super handy. E.g. You can just drop an After Effects project straight into the Premiere timeline, and any changes you make to the After Effects project update in real time in Premiere.

One thing that I have found is that Premiere, Avid and Final Cut all have similar layouts and controls. But Vegas has always had weird quirky controls, so there may be a bit of relearning involved.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its free for 30 days so try it out and try its features and see if its enough to justify the purchase.

I can't recommend any Adobe product. If, perchance, you buy and then wish to cancel at any point, they'll make you offer after offer after offer to make sure you keep paying them so they don't lose you as a subscriber.