Should I spring for RX 460 for under 150 dollars?

Okjoek

So I'm looking to buy a card by the end of the week for under 200 dollars. I looked at some benchmarks where the 460 is performing in the ballpark of the GTX 950 and R7 370. I'm looking to buy the Sapphire 4GB version for about 140 dollars, just under the price of the GTX 950 I believe. 

My heaviest game load is Planetside 2. It's a very CPU dependent game, but the GTX 950 and R7 370 did quite well with it:

So do you this card that performs and is priced like the GTX 950 and R7 370 would be a good budget card for me? Money is kind of tight right now and I'd rather not spend an extra 50 dollars just for the 470/80.

Under 200 you can get some RX 470 which is way more powerful, but yeah, if you on a budget, RX 460 2GB version is really great, you can get it for like 110$. Dont get the 4GB version, I dont think that 4GB frame buffer will benefit you that much on this price range, 2GB is enough for that GPU.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

9 minutes ago, RuLeZ said:

Under 200 you can get some RX 470 which is way more powerful, but yeah, if you on a budget, RX 460 2GB version is really great, you can get it for like 110$. Dont get the 4GB version, I dont think that 4GB frame buffer will benefit you that much on this price range, 2GB is enough for that GPU.

Well all the 2 GB ones are out of Stock it seems. Plus I like the way the cooler on this 4GB one appears to be designed. The fins seem to leave parallel channels facing the rear of the case. I would've preffered the blower cooler reference design the RX 470/80 had, but this card doesn't appear to sport one of those. It's just because they're useful for working in small form factor cases where there's not always a lot of exhaust fans. Looks to be a cool runing card anyways.