I need to download a 5gb file with very slow internet with my internet brower, but I get network failure 500mb-2gb in

I never have been able to download files that are very big with Chrome, I always get a network error and the download completely restarts the download. Kind of irritating now and there is no other way to get this file. 

Are you unable to install some kind of download manager? 

If you want, PM with a link to the download file and i'll compress the file into 100-250 MB archives and put them on a dedicated server for you (a website or a ftp server with resume support),  and you'll be able to queue all files in a ftp client, or just download them with chrome as you'd download a regular file.

Once you download all the files, you can just open the first archive and extract the full 5 GB file.

Have you tried Firefox? What site are you download it from?

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

It's a google drive file from 34BigThings, the game ReD:OuT. I got accepted to the beta, but google drive is their only download as of right now. I also can't distribute the files or any video/screenshots of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Techkalakosis said:

It's a google drive file from 34BigThings, the game ReD:OuT. I got accepted to the beta, but google drive is their only download as of right now. I also can't distribute the files or any video/screenshots of the game. 

Nothing we can do then.

Hello

You could try download the Google Drive Window desktop client, and have the file added to your drive, and proceed the download via the Client.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

9 hours ago, BiscuitMassacre said:

You could try download the Google Drive Window desktop client, and have the file added to your drive, and proceed the download via the Client.

I'll try that, ty.