Is this the right GPU i should get?

Raxul

I've been thinking to upgrade my 750Ti to the MSI 1060 gaming X, so based on my spec would it be the right choice?

CPU               : Core i7 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Mother board : MSI B75A-G43 Gaming

RAM              : Vgen 2x4GB DDR3

PSU               : Corsair CS550m

And one thing, i'm still new to this community, can someone help me to get a better understanding about what a bottleneck is?

Eager To Learn

Hi! You'll definitely see an improvement with the 1060 at 1080p. You could also look for a RX 480/470 depending on the games you play, you might save some money that way. It will be a bit less powerful than a 1060 but still enough for 1080p gaming on most titles.

And about bottleneck, it's really simple. It refers to the cases where a component (usually CPU or GPU) is holding back other components because it's simply too slow. Most of the time, people will pair a brand new powerful GPU with a crappy old CPU. In that case, the CPU won't be able to send instructions fast enough to the GPU, leading to a 100% CPU utilization and the GPU sitting at a lower utilization waiting for instructions to arrive. That could cause serious frame dips. But in a "normal" scenario where the CPU is powerful enough to keep the GPU fed with instructions, the GPU will always be the bottleneck, running at 100% trying to send as many frames as possible because it's not limited by the CPU.

It's an oversimplification of bottlenecks, but I hope you get the gist ;) 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

Go for it.

At that price point, it's either GTX 1060 or RX480.

You won't see any bottleneck on that rig.

And that PSU is enough.

Just simply change out the GPU, drivers if necessary and you're good to go.