Windows XP ISO?

Hey everybody,

Does anyone have a link to a malware free Windows XP ISO? I guess I don't really care which Service Pack. I need to reinstall XP on my dad's old laptop because he uses really old software for work. 

Thanks in advance!

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Wow windows XP.......uhh....sorry xD 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, frozeNNN said:

Pirate sites

I don't know if it infringes on term agreements for this forum, but what's a safe pirate site these days?

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Windows XP is considered completely abandoned so just torrent it, look for a torrent that has good comments 

10 minutes ago, berderder said:

I don't know if it infringes on term agreements for this forum, but what's a safe pirate site these days?

thepiratebay.org (don't use any of it's other former addresses) is one of the only big names left since kickass is out of commission, as for the forum well it's abandonware so the piracy part of the CoC should no longer apply

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I still have an official disk lying around lol.

Bought it for 5 bucks on Marktplaats (dutch eBay alike) a year ago.

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Windows XP is considered completely abandoned so just torrent it, look for a torrent that has good comments 

thepiratebay.org (don't use any of it's other former addresses) is one of the only big names left since kickass is out of commission, as for the forum well it's abandonware so the piracy part of the CoC should no longer apply

Copy Right status has nothing to do with support of the product. On top of the fact, MS is still supporting XP for the United States Navy last I heard. So..... This is a very grey area. I think legally they could go after you for piracy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

XP still gets security updates until 2019 with a registry edit.

I have an official ISO at home, let me see if I can upload a copy for you.

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Copy Right status has nothing to do with support of the product. On top of the fact, MS is still supporting XP for the United States Navy last I heard. So..... This is a very grey area. I think legally they could go after you for piracy. 

"

US copyright law[edit]

Currently, US copyright law does not recognize the term or concept of "abandonware" while the general concept "orphan works" is recognized (see Orphan works in the United States). There is a long held concept of abandonment in trademark law as a direct result of the infinite term of trademark protection. Currently, a copyright can be released into the public domain if the owner clearly does so in writing; however this formal process is not considered abandoning, but rather releasing. Those who do not own a copyright cannot merely claim the copyright abandoned and start using protected works without permission of the copyright holder, who could then seek legal remedy.

Hosting and distributing copyrighted software without permission is illegal. Copyright holders, sometimes through the Entertainment Software Association, send cease and desist letters, and some sites have shut down or removed infringing software as a result. However, most of the Association's efforts are devoted to new games, due to those titles possessing the greatest value.[84]" VIA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware#US_copyright_law

Unless Microsoft decided to release its copy right, they own it for life. Thats the law. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Oh well guess I was mistaken, though given how microsoft doesn't even enforce individual copyright infringement on current windows products the odds are they will never enforce their copyright on a discontinued product (unless it hurts the all mighty windows 10 sales :p)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Oh well guess I was mistaken, though given how microsoft doesn't even enforce individual copyright infringement on current windows products the odds are they will never enforce theri copyright on a discontinued product (unless it hurts the all might windows 10 sales :p)

They enforce it by activation. Without activation you get no product support. Plus, even Holly Wood doesn't go after individual infringes most of the time. They go after distributors (The Pirate Bay and such). It just that legally speaking Microsoft has the right to take you to court, but keep in mind that costs money, so they just write off pirates as the cost of doing business. 

17 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I must have deleted the ISO. :(

No prob! I found a Windows XP disc!