I want to get into PC gaming, can you suggest some games and mods?

I am really interested in getting into to PC gaming and I would like to know some games that I should get. I would also like to know some mods and tips about PC gaming.

Team Carl

Skyrim with mods is the most time consuming game that i have ever played. Also fallout series.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Games that cost but have mods:
Skyrim, get all the mods. Or at least ones you are interested in. There are tons. Steam Workshop will help in regards to that.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Sid Meier's Civilization V 
Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Free to play games (some have mods):
Counter Strike: Go
Garry's Mod
Team Fortress 2
Path of Exile
Planetside 2
World of Tanks
Warthunder

I'll add more later.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

When did CS:GO F2P?

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Anything made by valve. So... Cs, dota 2, portal series and half-life series :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Games that cost but have mods:

Skyrim, get all the mods. Or at least ones you are interested in. There are tons. Steam Workshop will help in regards to that.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Sid Meier's Civilization V 

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Free to play games (some have mods):

Garry's Mod

Team Fortress 2

Path of Exile

Planetside 2

World of Tanks

Warthunder

I'll add more later.

what are POE mods?? i play it what mod u talk about?

When did CS:GO F2P?

My bad, was thinking of Garry's Mod. Typed CS:GO anyway. Fail.

what are POE mods?? i play it what mod u talk about?

POE doesn't have mods that you think of. I said "Some" for a reason. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

my bad

Oh and torchlight 2 is really good if you like dungeon crawlers it also has mods.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Skyrim with mods is the most time consuming game that i have ever played. Also fallout series.

I will definitely get them both. Played Skyrim on PS3 but it kept freezing and eventually corrupted my hard drive :(.

Team Carl

GET PATH OF EXILE IS FAKIN AWESOME!

Path was one of the biggest time sinks of my life lol. I think I got to like 75 or 80ish and then stopped. 

Error: 410

I will definitely get them both. Played Skyrim on PS3 but it kept freezing and eventually corrupted my hard drive :(.

Skyrim on max settings with graphics mods is an amazing game i recommend to check out skyrim nexus and the steam  workshop. ENB series stuff makes the game look amazing. There is also some good gameplay mods that add new function and much more. I can assure you your experience on pc skyrim  will blow the ps3 out. :) 

Kerbal Space Program, minecraft, faster than light, civ 5, Gmod (and all the community made stuff in it), dota 2, tf2, cs:go, starcraft and obviously elder scrolls/fallout. Also if you want to get into modding skyrim/ fallout watch this guys videos, they're great http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CSCMwaDubQ4rcYCpX40Eg

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Get BATTLEFIELD 4 on it's release.

The Rules of BATTLEFIELD.

1st RULE: You do not talk about BATTLEFIELD.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about BATTLEFIELD.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or rages, shoot him! SHOOT HIM UNTIL HE DEAD.

4th RULE: Only 64 guys to a battle. (Unless server rules)

5th RULE: One battle at a time.

6th RULE: No CoD, No FISH AI.

7th RULE: Battles will go on until the a team has no tickets left.

8th RULE: If this is your first night on Battlefield, you HAVE to join a squad first.

Not sure Battlefield is the pinicle of PC gaming. More like Console gaming on the PC but any ways 

Firstly your rig is an important question. Do you have a PC? What are the Specs? Is it a laptop? Do you even know what your specs are and how to get them?  :D

With PC there are so many games out there is not funny. Most of the games recommended above are good and worth trying. Anything by Valve or Bethesda is good start. 

But regardless of your rig I would recommend indie games and to that end I would recommend https://www.humblebundle.com/ They run 2 sales (weekly and bi-weekly) and they are great. They are pay what ever you want and there an unlock price (pay average for the Humble Bundles and pay $6 or above for the weekly sales) and normally if you pay above that you get between 10-12 games. Some times indie sometimes, like the weekly sale now its Nordic Games and the sale is amazing. Humble Bundles are great for experimenting, trying out and all for a great price and to top it all off money goes to charity :) I cant recommend them enough

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Go watch TekSyndicate's "Kill your console" video.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

not getting into the tips of PC gaming because that can go on forever but if you need one mod and only one I would say get "Black Mesa"  takes a work of art and gives it a fantastic spit shine that is well deserved. Google and research  B)

I think you should play the Portal and Half-Life series. Both amazing games. Gmod has an insane amount of user content, as well as Skyrim and Fallout 3/NV. If you want an online shooter, try Team Fortress 2. If you want something that has more of a CoD feel, try Battlefield 3/4. They aren't my favorite, but they are much better on PC than console. DayZ is another online game, one of my all-time favorites. You need to buy ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. $25 for the bundle, the mod is free. Some good indie games are Minecraft, Terraria, Kerbal Space Program, and Starbound (not out yet, looks exciting). Terraria is dirt cheap and a gold-mine for hours. Easily 10x better with friends. Also, keep an eye out as Steam has great deals every summer and Christmas. I got $500 of games for $85 this year. 

Spoiler

Skyrim heavily modded, BF3, L4D2, TF2 (It's free), Killing Floor, Diablo, Amnesia, Dead Space, Saints Row 3, GTA (ofc), Mafia 2 etc etc...

Pretty much all Bethesda games. The Elder Scrolls franchise and the Fallout franchise.

ArmA franchise

Also Minecraft. Without mods that game is really bad (of course it's my opinion, incase anyone gets butthurt), but with mods it's really good.

When starting off, go with some basic games like Minecraft and League of Legends. When your ready to get serious, The Elder Scrolls games with mods are amazing, the Battlefield series is great on PC, and you have to check out the Half-Life series!

edit: Just buy all the weekly humble bundles :P

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

LoL is nice, BF games are nice. Older CoD liek World at War was ok, the total war series is just brilliant :D 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700