A good Wifi Card to get for a personalized gaming computer

I need help! I bought a gaming computer from the site cyperpowerPC.com where you can build your own computer, in the computer I had them build, they put in a land line internet cable and not a wifi card. Is there still a possibility to install a wifi card? and if there is where can i get a good wifi card and how can I get it installed? Will I have to send back the PC to get it installed?

You can easily do it yourself. Just touch the power supply when the computer is not plugged in, and install it into a pci express slot. 

BTW, welcome to the forums! Ask as many questions as you like:)

2 minutes ago, MoniqueP said:

I need help! I bought a gaming computer from the site cyperpowerPC.com where you can build your own computer, in the computer I had them build, they put in a land line internet cable and not a wifi card. Is there still a possibility to install a wifi card? and if there is where can i get a good wifi card and how can I get it installed? Will I have to send back the PC to get it installed?

If the motherboard has a fre PCIe slot then yes you can get a wifi card, whatever you do dont buy ASUS, their cards are pretty terrible and prevent system shutdown according to pretty much every reviewer. 

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GC-WB867D-I-Bluetooth-Adapter-Computer/dp/B00HF8K0O6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470595928&sr=8-1&keywords=wifi+card+gigabyte

That one is from gigabyte, its more expensive than I like but it is definitely more reliable and has much more positive ratings 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, MoniqueP said:

You can is tall it yourself and it's really easy , just get the basic one with two antennas from ASUS it's about 15€ here in Germany , just take off the side panel from your PC and stick the card into a PCI E slot and your done. ( if you have a mini itx PC your only PCI E a lot will most likely be blocked by a graphics card so that would suck for you )

2 minutes ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

You can easily do it yourself. Just touch the power supply when the computer is not plugged in, and install it into a pci express slot. 

Static protection xD thats so cute

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Static protection xD thats so cute

It depends on where you live tbh. I live in south florida, so I never get shocked. But this summer when I went up to Nebraska, whenever I touched something metal I got shocked. So its always good to be safe.

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

It depends on where you live tbh. I live in south florida, so I never get shocked. But this summer when I went up to Nebraska, whenever I touched something metal I got shocked. So its always good to be safe.

Southern California with hardwood floors and carpet, its impossible to generate a static charge in my apartment xD  

3 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

You can is tall it yourself and it's really easy , just get the basic one with two antennas from ASUS it's about 15€ here in Germany , just take off the side panel from your PC and stick the card into a PCI E slot and your done. ( if you have a mini itx PC your only PCI E a lot will most likely be blocked by a graphics card so that would suck for you )

The halfway decent Asus cards prevent system shutdown from what I can see. 

important note when installing wifi cards.

i have no explanation why, but a lot of wifi cards require you to install drivers without the card installed, and will actually cause your OS to blue screen when installing drivers with the card installed.

read the manual, if it says to install drivers without the card installed, do so, they say it for a reason.

Thanks so much guys!! Though still a few more questions, so I took a picture of what I think the PCIe is, im not super techy but know the basics of a computer but is this what im looking for?

IMG_2836.JPG

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

important note when installing wifi cards.

i have no explanation why, but a lot of wifi cards require you to install drivers without the card installed, and will actually cause your OS to blue screen when installing drivers with the card installed.

read the manual, if it says to install drivers without the card installed, do so, they say it for a reason.

I did look into usb cards but they werent beefy enough, until a week ago when I came across Channel Super Fun did I find Linus Tech Tips so I thought I would ask : P I appreciate the help been trying to figure this out for a while now! Lucky i came across the channel :D 

Just now, MoniqueP said:

I did look into usb cards but they werent beefy enough, until a week ago when I came across Channel Super Fun did I find Linus Tech Tips so I thought I would ask : P I appreciate the help been trying to figure this out for a while now! Lucky i came across the channel :D 

the reason usb wifi cards blow chunks is because 5 watts is not enough for a decent wireless card :P

5 minutes ago, MoniqueP said:

Thanks so much guys!! Though still a few more questions, so I took a picture of what I think the PCIe is, im not super techy but know the basics of a computer but is this what im looking for?

IMG_2836.JPG

the tiny 2 notch slot is what you are going to plug the card into. 

Ok awesome! well thanks for helping! means a ton Ill also check out the card you recommended!