So here i am, troubleshooting again

so my pc didnt really get that many points from the start (10K for a 7950 and an 3570K) but i thought it would get better because of the bonus points and such, but it didnt...

so ive quit from folding for a week and see if it would became better, started new WU, and now i get this....( see pic)

ive set the flag to 'advanced' but that didnt seem to do anything significant, any help is greatly appreciated

post-3037-0-64164000-1381331797_thumb.pn

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

im up to 6K again, but that still seems abit low when i see people get 20K with a 7850....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

that doesn't really help. Could you post a screen shot of the advanced control screen? Also that WU on your GPU is not a core17 WU.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

sorry, ive already located the problem, still has a core 16 WU, i feel dumb now, shoudve know it woudnt just switch to a core17 WU, BUT, my cpu still only gets about 2K, what WU is best for a CPU?

so here is my CPU.

post-3037-0-63307600-1381332413_thumb.pn

wow that really is bad, my 3570k is getting 11k ppd. set do you have the flag for the cpu set to advanced as well?

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

yes

Freaky_spider That's because your TPF is 37 minutes. If you're doing other things that are CPU intensive it's going to be higher and take a longer time to complete it. The TPF is the amount of time it takes to complete 1% of the WU.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

im up to 6K again, but that still seems abit low when i see people get 20K with a 7850....

http://i.imgur.com/J7btzl7.jpg lol. this was few months ago

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Freaky_spider That's because your TPF is 37 minutes. If you're doing other things that are CPU intensive it's going to be higher and take a longer time to complete it. The TPF is the amount of time it takes to complete 1% of the WU.

to bad im not doing anything with my CPU atm...

http://i.imgur.com/J7btzl7.jpg lol. this was few months ago

WHAT?! how are you getting that many ppd out of that gpu? tell me your secrets  :ph34r:

to bad im not doing anything with my CPU atm...

Also check and make sure that your CPU is working and is at the it's correct speed. Check the task manager and see if anything is taking anything away from folding too.

WHAT?! how are you getting that many ppd out of that gpu? tell me your secrets  :ph34r:

that was with probably 13.8beta drivers using AMD SDK 2.7 with only folding stable overclock 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

that was with probably 13.8beta drivers using AMD SDK 2.7 with only folding stable overclock 

oh ok, thank you and sorry for derailing the thread :)

Also check and make sure that your CPU is working and is at the it's correct speed. Check the task manager and see if anything is taking anything away from folding too.

already checked that, also folding has the priority thingy checked on,

So then since everything is working then it might just be the WU.

thanks everyone for their time and effort

yeah i think it might be the wu, im on a 0xa4 and you seem to have a 0xa3. so yeah i wouldn't stress to much about it, check and see what it picks up next and it should be better :)

thanks everyone for their time and effort

that's ok, we are here to help  ;)

FYI - currently, no flags are required on the CPU - so remove any you have. One the GPU, client-type should be set.

Also, if you can, post screen shots of say CPU-Z showing temps and usage and check taskmanager, and make sure FAH is running at 99% and you don't have something else in the background leaching cycles...

I have seen where the CPU runs to hot, and then system throttles it... and voila, zippo processing power. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

FYI - currently, no flags are required on the CPU - so remove any you have. One the GPU, client-type should be set.

Also, if you can, post screen shots of say CPU-Z showing temps and usage and check taskmanager, and make sure FAH is running at 99% and you don't have something else in the background leaching cycles...

I have seen where the CPU runs to hot, and then system throttles it... and voila, zippo processing power. 

ok, sorry to hijack again, task manager is showing that my core 17 is using some of my cpu like up to 20%, i take it thats not normal. any reason why it would be doing that?

ok, sorry to hijack again, task manager is showing that my core 17 is using some of my cpu like up to 20%, i take it thats not normal. any reason why it would be doing that?

gpu folding will require some cpu power even if you don't use your cpu for folding.

to OP, don't change the cpu priority for f@h, mine is on low and it's doing fine. I'm guessing the low ppd is just because of the 0xa3 wu

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

the second imgae, that is a REALLY long estimated time to completion... my 7970 runs though a core_17 WU in 8 to 9 hours. i'd expect a 7950 to run through a WU in 10-12 hrs or so.

my cpu (FX-8350) turns out a WU in 1.4-1.8 days, depending on the WU...

the first image seems about right though, in terms of time/WU...

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

the second imgae, that is a REALLY long estimated time to completion... my 7970 runs though a core_17 WU in 8 to 9 hours. i'd expect a 7950 to run through a WU in 10-12 hrs or so.

my cpu (FX-8350) turns out a WU in 1.4-1.8 days, depending on the WU...

the first image seems about right though, in terms of time/WU...

Yeah it's taking that long because it's a core16 WU not a core17. Also my 7950 only takes at most 8 hours on a 8900 WU, recently it's been churning out 8900 WUs at like 7 hours 30 minutes.

Yeah it's taking that long because it's a core16 WU not a core17. Also my 7950 only takes at most 8 hours on a 8900 WU, recently it's been churning out 8900 WUs at like 7 hours 30 minutes.

I probably overestimated. right now, it's estimating 6hrs, 40 min for an 8900, at 5% done.

but, I ground out a core16 WU last night, took about 8 hrs or so.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC