Question about GTA Online (GTA V)

Ethereal

Hey guys, was just wondering if you guys know what's happened to my friend.

So basically he purchased GTA V for Xbox 360 when it was released, he then played GTA Online for a while and at Christmas that year, he got a Xbox One and then he transferred his character over and played on that for a bit then he decided to go back to playing his Xbox 360 GTA Online character for some reason and last week just as August of 2016 had started, he purchased himself a PlayStation 4 1TB Console. He then purchased GTA V for PS4 and then he tried to transfer his Xbox 360 GTA Online character again but for PS4 this time and for some reason it only shows up with a Level One account and not his actual one that's he been progressing on.

He already knows transfers can only be done once but I thought and He thought once per console. Rockstar probably won't reset it will they?

Why can't my friend transfer to PS4 >AND< Xbox One though? Why only one of the two?

Is there anyway that Rockstar can fix this? Or has my friend pretty much wasted his money on that PS4?

Thanks!

Is it really that bad to lose levels in GTA V "Online"? Well, since its his 3rd transfer, i dont think theyll help...

Please note:

• Any existing Xbox One GTA Online character and progression data will be replaced by your previous character and progression data during the transfer, except for any existing in-game money, which will be combined with your transferred balance.
  • All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will onlytransfer within a console family (e.g. Xbox 360 to Xbox One).
  • You will still be able to play with your existing characters on Xbox 360 and/or PlayStation®3, however any progress made with versions of the characters on those systems after a transfer will remain on the those systems only.
  • You can only transfer a set of character and progression data from PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360 once.

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

3rd transfer

2nd, not 3rd.

The first from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and now from Xbox 360 to PS4.

Yeah but why can't He* transfer to Xbox One AND PS4 though? That makes no sense....

Edited by Ethereal
Mistyped "I" instead of "He"

Just now, Ethereal said:

-snip-

Arent you supposed to link both accounts trough the Social Club?

Groomlake Authority

• Any existing PlayStation®4 GTA Online character and progression data will be replaced by your previous character and progression data during the transfer, except for any existing in-game money, which will be combined with your transferred balance.
  • All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will onlytransfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).
  • You will still be able to play with your existing characters on PlayStation®3 and/or Xbox 360, however any progress made with versions of the characters on those systems after a transfer will remain on the those systems only.
  • You can only transfer a set of character and progression data from PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360 once.

Its pretty strange tough...

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Arent you supposed to link both accounts trough the Social Club?

He did link his Xbox 360 account to Social Club I think, that's why Me and Him are so confused because he should be able to transfer to PS4 successfully right?

He signed into his Social Club account on his PlayStation 4 console and then it showed up with a Level 1 Character and said "You've already transferred". So he did that and like I said, it only showed that Level 1 Character and not his actual one that's he been levelling.

xbox 360 can only transfer to xbox one and pc

ps3 can only transfer to ps4 and pc

you cant do xbox to ps4 or anything like that

it tells you that in game when you pick to transfer im pretty sure 

Just now, Ethereal said:

-snip-

Well yeah it should, according to the transfer "rules". It states you can only transfer a set of characters once trough systems, but since the previous transfer was inside the same online system, theres shouldnt be a problem here between two different ones, being 1st time!

Groomlake Authority

Just now, GreezyJeezy said:

-snip-

If you can trough Xbox 360-PS3, why wouldnt you be able to trough PS4-Xbone? At least once its supose to be possible. He should contact Rockstar nevertheless if he really is interested in his account.

Groomlake Authority

xbox 360 can only transfer to xbox one and pc

ps3 can only transfer to ps4 and pc

you cant do xbox to ps4 or anything like that

Then why have Rockstar said this on this link: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778

Spoiler
  • If transferring from Xbox 360, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the Xbox Live account used while playing GTA Online on Xbox 360 and the PlayStation®Network account used to play GTA Online on PlayStation®4.

13 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Then why have Rockstar said this on this link: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778

Reveal hidden contents
  • If transferring from Xbox 360, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the Xbox Live account used while playing GTA Online on Xbox 360 and the PlayStation®Network account used to play GTA Online on PlayStation®4.

maybe they changed it then, i got it day one on pc and day one on ps3,

so on pc when i went to transfer it told me i can transfer xbox or ps3 account, but i cant transfer xbox account to a ps3 account,

so since that was day one maybe they didnt have it out to do that yet,

maybe you sued all your transfers? idk 

maybe you sued all your transfers? idk 

Wait... does Rockstar only allow for a certain amount of Transfers? Like do they have a limit or something?

My friend at the moment feels like He just wants to sell the PS4 because GTA was like 50% why he got it and if He can't transfer then Rockstar should seriously sort their system(s) out. That's what he said to me.

Wait... does Rockstar only allow for a certain amount of Transfers? Like do they have a limit or something?

My friend at the moment feels like He just wants to sell the PS4 because GTA was like 50% why he got it and if He can't transfer then Rockstar should seriously sort their system(s) out. That's what he said to me.

i looked it up, you can only transfer twice 

it said they made it so you can do this

transfer from last gen (ps3/xbox 360) to next gen (ps4/xbox one)  (and you can go from ps3/360 to pc) 

then the second ones is so you can do ps4/xbox one to pc.

so thats why they have it only at 2 transfers.

i looked it up, you can only transfer twice 

Hmmm... so it should be working then because the 1st Transfer was from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and the second Transfer is from Xbox 360 to PS4, do you think they (RockstarGames/RockstarSupport) will help my friend out? He really doesn't want to sell his PS4 or GTA V for that matter.

He's recently got over Level 100 and he really doesn't want to start over. I've played a little bit of GTA Online myself and it does take quite a while to be honest.... :( 

Hmmm... so it should be working then because the 1st Transfer was from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and the second Transfer is from Xbox 360 to PS4, do you think they (RockstarGames/RockstarSupport) will help my friend out? He really doesn't want to sell his PS4 or GTA V for that matter.

He's recently got over Level 100 and he really doesn't want to start over. I've played a little bit of GTA Online myself and it does take quite a while to be honest.... :( 

well since he transferred from 360 alredy he cant transfer on 360 again, its like a one time per console thing 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

it said they made it so you can do this

transfer from last gen (ps3/xbox 360) to next gen (ps4/xbox one)  (and you can go from ps3/360 to pc) 

then the second ones is so you can do ps4/xbox one to pc.

so thats why they have it only at 2 transfers.

well since he transferred from 360 alredy he cant transfer on 360 again, its like a one time per console thing 

Wait so, do you mean they've done it like this:

You can only transfer from Xbox 360 to PS3 and not from Old Gen (Xbox 360) directly to Next Gen (PS4)..?

And that you can only transfer from Xbox One to PS4 (Vice Versa) and Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PS3 to PS4?

That is so harsh......... what the heck? Why would they do that? That is one of the most unbelievably annoying yet unforgivable things... Wow. I guess it's time to tell my friend the bad news.

Spoiler

He's probably going to hate Rockstar for the rest of his life now because of how that system/methodology. 

One question: If I asked them if they could reset it so my friend could transfer his Xbox One character over to PS4 instead of his Xbox 360 character, would they allow that? I'm being serious when I say my friend doesn't want to sell his PS4..

Wait so, do you mean they've done it like this:

You can only transfer from Xbox 360 to PS3 and not from Old Gen (Xbox 360) directly to Next Gen (PS4)..?

And that you can only transfer from Xbox One to PS4 (Vice Versa) and Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PS3 to PS4?

That is so harsh......... what the heck? Why would they do that? That is one of the most unbelievably annoying yet unforgivable things... Wow. I guess it's time to tell my friend the bad news.

Reveal hidden contents

He's probably going to hate Rockstar for the rest of his life now because of how that system/methodology. 

One question: If I asked them if they could reset it so my friend could transfer his Xbox One character over to PS4 instead of his Xbox 360 character, would they allow that? I'm being serious when I say my friend doesn't want to sell his PS4..

think of it like this, when you transfer it transfers, so you go from 360 to one the charner used to live on the 360 but then you moved it to the one. so its no longer on the 360 like the license saying you own it, the charter itself still is.

so maybe you can transfer from the one or pc to the ps4,  and if the the system is only set up to transfer up device way and not backward 

call and ask they might help 

think of it like this, when you transfer it transfers, so you go from 360 to one the charner used to live on the 360 but then you moved it to the one. so its no longer on the 360 like the license saying you own it, the charter itself still is.

so maybe you can transfer from the one or pc to the ps4,  and if the the system is only set up to transfer up device way and not backward 

call and ask they might help 

Ok I'll tell my friend to try and do that, thanks GreezyJeezy ^_^