-240MM PE Radiator | $60.00

-300MM Alphacool Reservoir | $80.00

-EK Water Pump | $80.00

-EK Fittings | $ 80.00

-Hard Tubing | $40.00-80.00

Complete List;

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hGK6RG

Goals:

For a long time, I have dreamed of building the PC of my dreams. I built a PC back in 2012 while still in high school but had to make compromises and not fully get what I wanted. This time around, I'm not cutting any corners whatsoever and am building everything to my desires. I'm going to be slowly piecing stuff together since I'm in college and cant afford to purchase it all at once. I will pop in periodically with new pictures and information as it becomes available. I have already purchased a lot, but still have so much to do to make this my dream machine, thanks for looking!

Inspiration:

I have loved seeing all these RGB builds coming around, however I felt like the problem with that is people commit to a color of build, then when it comes time to change their RGBs to something different, they wont match the rest. This is why I decided to build everything with neutral colors like grey/black. Since my Motherboard/PC/Graphics Card/Fans/Keyboard/Mouse/Mouse Pad all have RGB capability, I figured this way I can make my setup whatever color Id like and it will always match and look good!

Pictures:

Pictures 08/07/2016

Spoiler

computer1.jpgcomputer2.jpgcomputer3.jpg

Added Pictures in the spoiler box on the main post, check em out! I did the custom sleeving myself also, be gentle!!

Hit me with some feedback please, would love it!

It's great to see things moving along on this project. 

If you're going with the water cooled EK system, how come you've got that corsair h100i?

9 hours ago, LLe82 said:

It's great to see things moving along on this project. 

If you're going with the water cooled EK system, how come you've got that corsair h100i?

I stuck that in so I could start to get the computer booted up and ready to go, I had it laying around and cant afford 600 worth of water cooling items at the moment haha!

Any reason for spending more on the motherboard than the CPU?

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

3 hours ago, Dubesta11 said:

Any reason for spending more on the motherboard than the CPU?

I actually did that for multiple reasons, 

1. I wanted a spot for M.2

2. Loved the RGB 

3. Motherboard is the home for everything and leaves room for upgrades in the future. 

4. Wanted neutral colors

5. Asus Fanboy

6. Water cooling Support on VRAM 

7. Don't need anything past 6700k for gaming 

8. Love the armor that comes with the motherboard 

Just a few things I can come with on top of my head 

8 minutes ago, DPerry918 said:

I actually did that for multiple reasons, 

1. I wanted a spot for M.2

2. Loved the RGB 

3. Motherboard is the home for everything and leaves room for upgrades in the future. 

4. Wanted neutral colors

5. Asus Fanboy

6. Water cooling Support on VRAM 

7. Don't need anything past 6700k for gaming 

8. Love the armor that comes with the motherboard 

Just a few things I can come with on top of my head 

Yeah that's fair, seems like a 100 dollar less board with a 100 dollar more CPU gives you 6 cores/12 threads with similar or more features. I just can't justify spending that much on something that doesn't give you any extra performance and features that a lower costing board can provide. And not to mention socket changes with new CPUs.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

3 hours ago, Dubesta11 said:

Yeah that's fair, seems like a 100 dollar less board with a 100 dollar more CPU gives you 6 cores/12 threads with similar or more features. I just can't justify spending that much on something that doesn't give you any extra performance and features that a lower costing board can provide. And not to mention socket changes with new CPUs.

If he is focusing on gaming the 6700K is better than the 6800k, even though the 6800k crushes the 6700k in cpu benchmarks.

I find it quite amusing that you mention him spending too much on the motherboard, when he is liquid cooling his whole pc, which is way worse in price/performance.

@DPerry918 Looks like this is another rig that'll make me jealous, dont go to light with pics :)

BTW: You are not a porsche fan, are you? :P

On 8/6/2016 at 3:57 PM, DPerry918 said:

This time around, I'm not cutting any corners whatsoever and am building everything to my desires.

oh man!  I have dreams in which I get that mobo, and nightmares in which it goes away!   and that case, don't even get me started on that case!  I'm loving your part selection

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, Infin8 said:

If he is focusing on gaming the 6700K is better than the 6800k, even though the 6800k crushes the 6700k in cpu benchmarks.

I find it quite amusing that you mention him spending too much on the motherboard, when he is liquid cooling his whole pc, which is way worse in price/performance.

@DPerry918 Looks like this is another rig that'll make me jealous, dont go to light with pics :)

BTW: You are not a porsche fan, are you? :P

Ill keep the pics flowing as long as I get new pieces to be put in there :) And I just like nice things in general haha

3 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

oh man!  I have dreams in which I get that mobo, and nightmares in which it goes away!   and that case, don't even get me started on that case!  I'm loving your part selection

Thank you sir, greatly appreciate it! Hopefully I can make the build as beautiful as the motherboard and case are!!

Received the CPU today, so shes alive!!! Still have alot of cabling to sleeve such as the USB plugs, multi pin start/audio plug/6+2 pins and multiple other things.

Plan to order the new fans tonight probably, heres some pictures to quench your thirst :D

Spoiler

c4YqOg2.jpghBskpzl (1).jpgnxl11Ca.jpg

New fans are coming in tomorrow as well as my 256gb 950 pro. Have done a lot of sleeving, cut the hard drive cage in half, and a bunch of other mods. Pictures tomorrow!!

GOT MY 1080, 950 Pro, and TT Ring Fans, Lets just say im in love :x

I love being able to do any color combo i want, pictures dont do this baby justice. Only real things left are go full water cooling and get a 2TB hard drive. Both of which are non essential

PCImage1.jpg

PCImage2.jpg

PCImage3.jpg

Sorry photo quality is awful also, leds cause iPhone cameras to go to crap

Also, does anyone know if they make USB 3.0 plugin hubs? Id like to not have to plug in 2 3.0 plugs into the motherboard because its ugly! Thanks

Decided when I do water cooling im going to do copper tubing and then get it chrome plated! Gonna be so in love

Bump from the depths of hell, received the GPU water block, CPU water block, and 360mm PE Radiator. Still have to get the 240mm radiator, pump, reservoir, fittings, fluid, pipe! Getting closer to have my baby done every day!

• 1 year later...