EVGA GTX 1060 SC vs Zotac GTX 1060 mini

Kaupens

Hey!

Here in Latvia we can get those two cards for following prices:

EVGA GTX 1060 SC (06G-P4-6163-KR) - 289 EUR (320 USD)
Zotac GTX 1060 mini (ZT-P10600A-10L) - 253 EUR (280 USD)

From reviews it seems that both cards are good, but Zotac heats up more than EVGA and is little noisier. Plus EVGA has higher clock frequencies. MSRP for Zotac is 249 USD and EVGA 259 USD.

Is it worth paying 36 euro extra for EVGA SC? I'm not really planning on overclocking, but I don't want noisy card. What do you suggest getting?

3 minutes ago, Kaupens said:

What do you suggest getting?

Get the best you can,since when you buy something and cheap out on it,there's a high chance you will fuck up with your choice

I'd just get the cheaper model and overclock it to match the faster gtx 1060. If the temps are higher, add more case fans or set-up a manual fan profile.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

36 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

I'd just get the cheaper model and overclock it to match the faster gtx 1060. If the temps are higher, add more case fans or set-up a manual fan profile.

This sadly doesnt work just that ;)

Fan Profiles are NOT the thing, that differs different Cards.

My Palit Dual has a fan speed of 1800-1900 rpm, when the Card is at 75~°C.

I COULD drop the Fan speed to 1550~ rpm, which lets the Card to up to 80-81°C.

Down to 1000-1200, and it could probably go even up to 85-90°C.

The EVGA SC get's around 60-65°C at a Fan speed (only ONE fan, not 2. less Fans = less noise) of around 1450 rpm~.

With the silent Bios it goes up to 72°C with <1000 rpm.

This is a HUGE difference in temperature / Noise ratio. This can mean literaly over 20°C when setting the Fan speed to the same "subjective Noise level".

Adding case fans isn't doing a shit ;) As soon you have 2 Case fans (front, back), adding more isn't doing anything. maybe an additional 1-2°C less, but that's it. Even 6 fans won't change that.

Only thing it will change is, you get more noise from the more fans. But if the CPU Cooler isn't good, case fan's are just pure Decoration.

So, if you care about Noise, invest into the EVGA SC~. Of you don't care about Noise (or a hearable Fan) at Load, get the Zotac Mini.

But care: Zotac Mini does NOT have a Heatpipe/fin design. it's just a Block-cooler design, like the Intel Boxed coolers.

get the evga for customer service which is second to non in case of an RMA + warranty is decent also and the evga is quieter

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Get the evga, I have the same one as it doesn't get loud and the temps are good, highest I've seen it go is 62 degrees.   

CPU - i7-10700K, MB -MSI Z490 Gaming PlusRAM-Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200MHz, GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO, PSU - EVGA 650w Supernova G2 80+ GoldStorage - Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB ,WD 3x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Cooler- Noctua NH-D15S, CASE Fractal Meshify 2 Compact