Im just about to light my Nexus 5 on fire....

AppleWhizzer

Hello all, so my nexus 5 was good until Android 6. Since then my phone has been riddled with issues, and not ones i can just avoid. Issues include:

• "Cant connect to camera" over and over, can only get 1 or 2 pics before it stops working and i get the error again
  • Photos app won't open, and it says "unfortunately photos has crashed" and all i do is send reports (i send one every time it happens, AKA when i try view my photos) so i can't view photos when on my phone i have to use an app like facebook to look at them.
  • Snapchat crashes, and its not on their end its the Nexus. 
  • It restarts on its own all the time, it just freezes then restarts. 

I've had it with this phone, i'm really angry about it. I really should've bought an iphone 5c, a few months ago instead of using the money on other things. All i can think to do next, besides destroying this phone with a hammer in a fit of anger is to factory reset it. I know im not the only one with these issues, i've spent hours resetting things, uninstalling apps reinstalling clearing cache etc, and the reset is the only thing i can think to do next. 

Any help will be awesome, it's really really bloody annoying. 

2 minutes ago, AppleWhizzer said:

Hello all, so my nexus 5 was good until Android 6. Since then my phone has been riddled with issues, and not ones i can just avoid. Issues include:

• "Cant connect to camera" over and over, can only get 1 or 2 pics before it stops working and i get the error again
  • Photos app won't open, and it says "unfortunately photos has crashed" and all i do is send reports (i send one every time it happens, AKA when i try view my photos) so i can't view photos when on my phone i have to use an app like facebook to look at them.
  • Snapchat crashes, and its not on their end its the Nexus. 
  • It restarts on its own all the time, it just freezes then restarts. 

I've had it with this phone, i'm really angry about it. I really should've bought an iphone 5c, a few months ago instead of using the money on other things. All i can think to do next, besides destroying this phone with a hammer in a fit of anger is to factory reset it. I know im not the only one with these issues, i've spent hours resetting things, uninstalling apps reinstalling clearing cache etc, and the reset is the only thing i can think to do next. 

Any help will be awesome, it's really really bloody annoying. 

Just get a different ROM, maybe put it on Lollipop or Nougat if you don't like Marshmallow.

I edit my posts a lot.

Yea it's like MrDrWho13 says, just get a different ROM. Back when I used to bounce around ROMs I'd have identical issues. Maybe go back to the previous most stable ROM if possible . I've been through the ROM struggles and the all nighters to fix my phone. Best bet is to hit a dedicated Nexus 5 forum to find other people with the same issue and the resources you'll need to fix it. 

48 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Just get a different ROM, maybe put it on Lollipop or Nougat if you don't like Marshmallow.

44 minutes ago, benga said:

Yea it's like MrDrWho13 says, just get a different ROM. Back when I used to bounce around ROMs I'd have identical issues. Maybe go back to the previous most stable ROM if possible . I've been through the ROM struggles and the all nighters to fix my phone. Best bet is to hit a dedicated Nexus 5 forum to find other people with the same issue and the resources you'll need to fix it. 

Alright guys thanks. Is this hard to do?

3 hours ago, AppleWhizzer said:

I have no idea. ;) 

Should be fairly easy, google "Nexus 5 rom how to" or something. 

The Cyanogenmod name for the Nexus 5 is hammerhead. (Cyanogenmod is a well-supported custom version of Android) - You might as well get this.

Here's some info about the device: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Hammerhead_Info

Find a guide you can follow and use that.

I edit my posts a lot.

10 hours ago, AppleWhizzer said:

There's always risk when playing with the phones ROM, like the possibility of bricking it. I'd first look into the option of reverting it to a previous state where you had a stable ROM. The difficulty and process varies phone to phone. I know with my Oppo it's a quick process but Oppo is already unlocked in many ways, not sure how Nexus devices are. The Nexus forums will likely have guides already and like MrDrWho13 said, Cyanogenmod(aka CM) is a very well reputed ROM you might want to look into.