Out of ideas. Random BSOD's on light/medium activity after idling

Hey everyone. I'm out of my wits here and can't figure out my problem. Running 6600k on a MSI Z170a SLI Plus mobo.

I'm only a beginner in overclocking and I've done my due diligence in reading the guide. My first attempts netted me 4.3 @ 1.25 v on Override / Manual voltage. Did 3 overnight stress tests with 3 different programs and it was stable. I'm happy with this for now since it's the summer and I want it as cool as possible.

My problems arises when trying to take advantage of power saving features such as Adaptive voltage, Offset voltage, EIST, C1E and C-States (I turned it all off when I'm finding my stable overclock). I always get random BSODs, mostly after doing a light/medium task after a long idle (waking up in the morning or getting back from work). Most of the BSODs are 101 errors.

I know plenty of people will say "stick to override" since it's the most stable and I can end my problems already but the point is I want to be able to use features that I have paid for and at the same time learn if there's something wrong and how to fix it

Here's my mobo settings related to OCing (my mobos offset settings is confusing because it has no voltage input.  Where is it gonna offset to?)

Did I simply purchase a bad overclocking mobo?  Is my CPU somehow at fault? 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

What was the error message on the bsod? who knows it could be a software issue, or ram, really almost anything without knowing the message.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

13 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

What was the error message on the bsod? who knows it could be a software issue, or ram, really almost anything without knowing the message.

BlueScreenViewer

If I'm not mistaken, it's the Bug Check Code right?  And error 101 is voltage problems according to google