What programming language to start with?

Matias_Chambers

I want to get into programming. Any suggestions for languages to start with? Oh and am I right about that there are different languages? 

I suggest python 3(3.5). About as simple as they come, very flexible, and great to learn concepts and make scripts without as much syntax and labor as java.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, RedWulf said:

I suggest python 3(3.5). About as simple as they come, very flexible, and great to learn concepts and make scripts without as much syntax and labor as java.

I can also vouch for Python. My computing class used it since we didn't have very much experience with coding and we picked it up easily. Keywords are also highlighted, which I found extremely useful, especially for quickly troubleshooting issues.

15 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

I can also vouch for Python. My computing class used it since we didn't have very much experience with coding and we picked it up easily. Keywords are also highlighted, which I found extremely useful, especially for quickly troubleshooting issues.

Keywords are highlighted based on the text editor you're using.

As for the OP. I also recommend Python. It's a good learning language which can be used for actual projects.

10 minutes ago, ElfFriend said:

Keywords are highlighted based on the text editor you're using.

Perhaps I should've elaborated in my earlier post. We used IDLE (bundled with the Windows installation from what I remember), which is the Python GUI and is what was recommended in the beginner's guide we used (cannot remember the source).

EDIT: I found the document: it's "An Introduction to Python" by Mark Clarkson (V2), however places like codecademy seem to go into detail (possibly more so than the guide).

2 hours ago, ServerGuy said:

Perhaps I should've elaborated in my earlier post. We used IDLE (bundled with the Windows installation from what I remember), which is the Python GUI and is what was recommended in the beginner's guide we used (cannot remember the source).

EDIT: I found the document: it's "An Introduction to Python" by Mark Clarkson (V2), however places like codecademy seem to go into detail (possibly more so than the guide).

Notepad++ is all you need :P and syntax highlighting can be configured to whatever you want.

Batch,Visual basic, python are all easy

Current Setup

CPU: Intel Core I5 6600K with Deepcool frostwin v2.0 twin tower

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI

Memory/RAM: Avexir Core Series 8GB SDRAM DDR4 2400Mhz 2x4

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 Windforce G1 Gaming 2GB VRAM

Case: AZZA CSAZ-207BL ATX Mid Tower

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: Corsair MX600M

Sound: Razer Adaros

Displays: 23" LG Flatron W2343T and 24" Acer P244W

Keyboard: XTREME Wired Keyboard and Mouse

Operating System:Windows 10

Laptop: MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

16GB DDR4

GTX 960M

1TB HDD

Windows 10

Start with C++, Common Lisp, Perl or Python (with C++ being the most interesting language for starters and Python the least interesting one).

Write in C.