From Team Red to Team Green. Feat Intel?

Hello people! i have made a very dumb mistake! For i have bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC !, well that's not the mistake, it my impatience to get a new graphics card(upgrading from a Power Color R7 260x) without doing research. finding out the hard way that my AMD FX 6300 bottlenecks the crap out of this card!...... SO, i have decided to just upgrade! (woo!!) I want to ditch AMD (sorry, you will always be my first, but its time to move on) and go with Intel. For the processor i was thinking of getting a Core i7-4790K, as it still runs DDR-3, I was thinking of upgrading to DDR4 but I have like $600 USD  to spend. I have the storage and ram, just need a new motherboard, cpu and new ssd to sweeten the deal(because the ssd i have now is just garbage). here is a link to Pc Part Picker for the parts i was looking to get( http://pcpartpicker.com/list/n43Jbj ) I feel this is pretty solid from the processor, as what I seen this puppy can out preform the new Skylakes in a lot of tests. I also wanted to go with the motherboard because it matches my build the best, but if you guys can suggest better I will compromise if needed. Im going to try to get these parts buy Saturday, but i wanted a few opinions from fellow techies. 

Thank you for your time,

Stinkycrackers

1 minute ago, EazyHTML said:

Please for the sake of god change that PSU,in my signature you can see the PSU Tier List and White List and pick one

This, I had a 750nex which died on me after one and a half years.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

3 minutes ago, EazyHTML said:

Please for the sake of god change that PSU,in my signature you can see the PSU Tier List and White List and pick one

true, had a nex in the rig of a mate and it dieded after a few months, lucky that evga got an aweeeesome customer support

maybe go with a g2 supernova 650w  / 750w should be fine @stinkycrkers

what cooling solution do you have for the cpu?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Is there a reason for you wanting me to change the PSU? i just got it when i got my GTX 1070 (2 weeks ago)

its almost the same with the CX PSU series, most of them are made for basic non demanding rigs    and if you got faulty psu´s then you warn others so they dont get the same trouble

also the other PSU i suggested is gold certified and if you hit the right wattage with your rig and it matches the like 80% usage of the psu you run with optimal efficiency

the devilscanyon is great to OC and you´ll enjoy it

with thermal compound you could take the gelid solutions extreme, it reduced the temps by 8°C in the rig of my mate after replacing the "stock" compound

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

Ok, i will change the PSU my next Paycheck, (not this one coming tommrow). 

2 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

true, had a nex in the rig of a mate and it dieded after a few months, lucky that evga got an aweeeesome customer support

maybe go with a g2 supernova 650w  / 750w should be fine @stinkycrkers

what cooling solution do you have for the cpu?

for the cooling i just going to have the stock cooler, until i have money. i was thinking of getting maybe h 100i but i wont decide till i have the money to throw round.

5 minutes ago, stinkycrkers said:

Ok, i will change the PSU my next Paycheck, (not this one coming tommrow). 

for the cooling i just going to have the stock cooler, until i have money. i was thinking of getting maybe h 100i but i wont decide till i have the money to throw round.

the h100i is fine but if you get it you should check for other fans first ;) the stock fans on it sound like a vacuum

for my own h100i i got 2 noctua NF F12 and use the low noise adapter to reduce the max rpm from 1500 to 1200 and cant hear the aio anymore ;)

standard fans h100i( 37,7dB 2500rpm airflow 70,6cfm  )

NF F12 pwm ( 22,4 dB 1500rpm airflow 93,4cfm )

or the industrial versions ( ca 29,7dB with 2000rpm airflow 121,8cfm )

ek vardar and many others are great too

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, stinkycrkers said:

Is there a reason for you wanting me to change the PSU? i just got it when i got my GTX 1070 (2 weeks ago)

If you plan on a GTX 1070 water cooling that PSU will fail so fast

Alright, thank you guys for the suggestions. But what do you guys feel about everything else? CPU, Motherboard, SSD?  

Just now, EazyHTML said:

If you plan on a GTX 1070 water cooling that PSU will fail so fast

no i was not planning on water cooling my gpu (yet).

3 minutes ago, stinkycrkers said:

Alright, thank you guys for the suggestions. But what do you guys feel about everything else? CPU, Motherboard, SSD?  

no i was not planning on water cooling my gpu (yet).

Water cooling your CPU is what i meant,that PSU will not hold up ask @STRMfrmXMN hes the PSU pro around here

Just now, EazyHTML said:

Water cooling your CPU i meant that PSU will not hold up ask @STRMfrmXMN hes the PSU pro around here

I was thinking eventually i would but i'm not going to until i have a better power supply. so it wont be  for a while.

Just now, stinkycrkers said:

I was thinking eventually i would but i'm not going to until i have a better power supply. so it wont be  for a while.

Yeah,its a good first hand PSU but if you want it to last...well..you know the answer for yourself :D 

7 minutes ago, EazyHTML said:

Water cooling your CPU is what i meant,that PSU will not hold up ask @STRMfrmXMN hes the PSU pro around here

3 minutes ago, stinkycrkers said:

It's not the worst PSU ever but it's very poor value and shouldn't be paired with a 1070 IMO.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's not the worst PSU ever but it's very poor value and shouldn't be paired with a 1070 IMO.

Well consider that he has a GTX 1070,and wants to get a H100 in the future,now that's called a fail nation video

1 minute ago, EazyHTML said:

Well consider that he has a GTX 1070,and wants to get a H100 in the future,now that's called a fail nation video

Could he just get not a watercooler (Corsair's watercooling pumps always seem to die, I never recommend them) and get a better PSU + be Quiet Dark Rock?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

so i assume that no one is questioning my choices on the CPU, MOBO and SSD, that they should be fine and not bottleneck my GPU?

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Could he just get not a watercooler (Corsair's watercooling pumps always seem to die, I never recommend them) and get a better PSU + be Quiet Dark Rock?

this is not set in stone, i might just get an air cooler. but that for another time.

Just now, stinkycrkers said:

so i assume that no one is questioning my choices on the CPU, MOBO and SSD, that they should be fine and not bottleneck my GPU?

this is not set in stone, i might just get an air cooler. but that for another time.

I mean I'm wondering why you're not buying a Skylake part but I don't know your current situation. A 4790K will do most anything for years to come. Motherboard and SSD are fine, yes. None of those will bottleneck a 1070, no.

11 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Corsairs watercoolers sound like a airplane in flight

Just now, EazyHTML said:

Corsairs watercoolers sound like a airplane in flight

Most AIOs are going to be like that. You can't really fit a good pump in those form factors for a reasonable price AFAIK.

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Most AIOs are going to be like that. You can't really fit a good pump in those form factors for a reasonable price AFAIK.

Yeah,the Cooler Master V8 gts looks like a transformer tho

11 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I mean I'm wondering why you're not buying a Skylake part but I don't know your current situation. A 4790K will do most anything for years to come. Motherboard and SSD are fine, yes. None of those will bottleneck a 1070, no.

Money, time are my 2 factors. i want to have this up and running before college starts. about 2 weeks, also just invested in more in more ram so i dont want to feel like i wasted my money. also some benchmarks i have looked at showed the 4790k preforming better (in most cases) than the 6700k

1 minute ago, stinkycrkers said:

Money, time are my 2 factors. i want to have this up and running before college starts. about 2 weeks, also just invested in more in more ram so i dont want to feel like i wasted my money. also some benchmarks i have looked at showed the 4790k preforming better (in most cases) than the 6700k

Those benchmarks are definitely off. Both multi-core and single core processing are faster on the 6700k. It's also a newer platform that uses less power and the platform has newer features that cover more bases like M.2 and USB 3.1. 

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-6700K/2384vs3502

The likely performance differences you saw were probably comparing overclocked 4790k units to stock clock 6700ks.