Cheap cpu cooler ?

My stock cooler is awful and I need a new cheap one fast! I am getting temperatures around 60-65 C in idle without turning on turbo boost. My cpu is AMD Athlon 840 Quad Core 3.1 (3.8 turbo) FM2+ 65W TPD. 

5 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

My stock cooler is awful and I need a new cheap one fast! I am getting temperatures around 60-65 C in idle without turning on turbo boost. My cpu is AMD Athlon 840 Quad Core 3.1 (3.8 turbo) FM2+ 65W TPD. 

The hyper 212 Evo or the cryorig H7 are good cheap budget coolers. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Thank you all! I think I am going to go with the Hyper 212 Evo.

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo. Cheap, good, cheap. It wins in all three categories.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

hyper 212 evo from coolermaster is the best bang for the buck

There are plenty of $10-15 downdraft coolers by Zalman, Thermaltake, Rosewill, SilenX, etc. Spending $30 on a Hyper 212 is completely unnecessary in your case. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Temps shoudn't be that high with the stock cooler. Make sure it is properly seated and that the thermal paste is properly applied.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4.08.2016 г. at 5:13 PM, aisle9 said:

There are plenty of $10-15 downdraft coolers by Zalman, Thermaltake, Rosewill, SilenX, etc. Spending $30 on a Hyper 212 is completely unnecessary in your case. 

Can you suggest a 10-15$ cooler?

32 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

Can you suggest a 10-15$ cooler?

I use the Zalman CNPS7000V(AL)-1 in a G3258 build. $10 and it serves its purpose incredibly well. The Rosewill used in Awesomesauce's sleeper build video is also solid, but louder. The reviews on Newegg and Amazon are very helpful when going dirt cheap. 

On 8/7/2016 at 8:18 AM, aisle9 said:

I use the Zalman CNPS7000V(AL)-1 in a G3258 build. $10 and it serves its purpose incredibly well. The Rosewill used in Awesomesauce's sleeper build video is also solid, but louder. The reviews on Newegg and Amazon are very helpful when going dirt cheap. 

Will Zalman cnps be compatible with my fm2+ socket ?

16 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

Check Newegg to be sure, but i would be surprised if it didn't 

Just now, IHatePC said:

What temps is the g3258 generating in full load with the zalman ?

26 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

Yes. 

7 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

What temps is the g3258 generating in full load with the zalman ?

Pretty low--I'm guessing ~60c depending on fan speed. 

Why the G3258?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Yes. 

Pretty low--I'm guessing ~60c depending on fan speed. 

If I use full fan speed what do you think my temps are going to be with the zalman ? My cooler:http://www.goldfries.com/images/hwreviews/2010/amdathlon2x4-620/amdathlon2x4-620_02.jpg

It goes blue screen after 5 mins of full load at 3.8 and full fan speed.

1 minute ago, IHatePC said:

If I use full fan speed what do you think my temps are going to be with the zalman ? My cooler:http://www.goldfries.com/images/hwreviews/2010/amdathlon2x4-620/amdathlon2x4-620_02.jpg

It goes blue screen after 5 mins of full load at 3.8 and full fan speed.

You shouldn't be getting temps as high as described in the OP with the stock cooler. You should first make sure that the cooler is properly seated and thermal paste is well applied. 

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

You shouldn't be getting temps as high as described in the OP with the stock cooler. You should first make sure that the cooler is properly seated and thermal paste is well applied. 

It has normal amount of thermal paste and it is properly sealed. I get around 70C when not turbo boosting (3.1) but this speed is not enough so i want a better cooler.

2 minutes ago, IHatePC said:

It has normal amount of thermal paste and it is properly sealed. I get around 70C when not turbo boosting (3.1) but this speed is not enough so i want a better cooler.

Seated* --not sealed. The cooler should be firm and not loose. Check the plastic mounting brackets to see if the screws are tight.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Seated* --not sealed. The cooler should be firm and not loose. Check the plastic mounting brackets to see if the screws are tight.

Yes it is.