6800k Overclocking Noob Issues

I'm trying to overclock a PC I just bought that's going to be a gift for someone in my family and am having trouble getting a stable overclock via the bios on a 6800k. When I OC via the automated tool within Windows its more or less stable at 4.3GHz and a core voltage of 1.25 with a .1 offset but inconsistent in how it applies the multiplier and much rather have it implemented at the bios level to avoid this. The motherboard is an ASRock X99E-ITX/ac and I'm using the A-Tuning for the automated OC. However, when I try to manually do the OC in the bios and utilize the same settings listed in A-Tuning I come up with an unstable OC and cannot even get a stable 100MHz OC via bios. What am I missing? Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

what do you mean by "inconsistent in how it applies the Multiplier"?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

44 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

What temps and what cooler?

Peek temps are in the low to mid 70's but mostly stay in the mid to high 60's. The cooler is a 140mm NZXT Kraken X41.

21 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

what do you mean by "inconsistent in how it applies the Multiplier"?

When I look up what clock speed its running through Aida 64 or A-Tune sometimes it shows a speed of 3.4GHz with a multiplier of 34 and sometimes a speed of 4.3GHz with a multiplier of 43 all while it should be in a state with the multiplier at 43. I ran an encoding test using handbrake and only saw 3.4 GHz while encoding and both programs showed the multiplier being at 34 during this time.

45 minutes ago, SRLRacing said:

When I look up what clock speed its running through Aida 64 or A-Tune sometimes it shows a speed of 3.4GHz with a multiplier of 34 and sometimes a speed of 4.3GHz with a multiplier of 43 all while it should be in a state with the multiplier at 43. I ran an encoding test using handbrake and only saw 3.4 GHz while encoding and both programs showed the multiplier being at 34 during this time.

Change the ratio to Fixed instead of dynamic to see if that fixes the problem and if it's unstable/refusing to post try to put more voltage in (You might have to set the voltage mode to override instead of offset because of the fixed ratio). Also try setting the voltage going into the package to about 2v that might help with stability. 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

17 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Change the ratio to Fixed instead of dynamic to see if that fixes the problem and if it's unstable/refusing to post try to put more voltage in (You might have to set the voltage mode to override instead of offset because of the fixed ratio). Also try setting the voltage going into the package to about 2v that might help with stability. 

When I try to OC via the bios I set it to fixed and I have tried voltages all the way up to 1.375v and had the Input Voltage set to 1.9 (I'll give 2.0 a try). That was an unstable OC. It boots but when I run a stress test through Aida 64 it usually fails pretty quickly. The A-Tune OC doesn't give me many options except for if the voltage is adaptive or fixed and what the clocks and voltages are but other than the weird thing with the multiplier it does pass a 12 hour stress test on Aida 64. I do however get a strange freeze somewhere around 30 seconds into the stress test that lasts about 30 seconds to a minute but the rest of the test goes smoothly.

Well, to hit 4.3 with my 6800k I needed 1.425V so you can try that (as long as you can manage the heat and keep it under 80C). I'm using about 1.45V for my 4.4 right now (it maxes out about 75C with full load). But if you can't hit 4.3 @ 1.425V then you might as well dial back to 4.2 as the heat output is not worth the small gains of 100mhz. (tbh I should dial my cpu back because it runs pretty hot) Once you get the core clock stable you can start to tinker with the ram and ring. But that could mess with your overclocks so I would be careful adjusting those.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master