Wired & Wireless internet

I'm new to the whole PC hardware scene and my question might seem a little dumb but I don't really understand Wired & Wireless connection to wifi. I have googled about wired & wireless connections and it told me that if you want wireless connection you have to buy a wireless modem. What's the difference between wireless and wired modems?

Wireless modems are capable of generating a WiFi network. Wired modems just operate with Ethernet only.

Modems usually come with wifi, but if they dont you can buy router that has one. I would use ethernet rather than wifi tough

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Just now, Flavortown2k16 said:

Modems usually come with wifi, but if they dont you can buy router that has one. I would use ethernet rather than wifi tough

The thing is, my room is upstairs and the modem is in the living room. We do not have a long ethernet cable and I will not be allowed to move the modem either.

1 minute ago, Denzel Curry said:

The thing is, my room is upstairs and the modem is in the living room. We do not have a long ethernet cable and I will not be allowed to move the modem either.

there should be somekind of hub area like in your house that has all the ports of ethernet of the house wich you can use to connect modem to your pc. If yous dont have one of those, then you can prob get router that gets the internet from the modem tru wifi.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Just now, Flavortown2k16 said:

there should be somekind of hub area like in your house that has all the ports of ethernet of the house wich you can use to connect modem to your pc. If yous dont have one of those, then you can prob get router that gets the internet from the modem tru wifi.

I will try for that, thank you.

Wireless internet have more bandwidth compared to wired internet.
Wired internet is much safer and has a strong anti- interference ability than wireless internet

9 hours ago, Denzel Curry said:

I'm new to the whole PC hardware scene and my question might seem a little dumb but I don't really understand Wired & Wireless connection to wifi. I have googled about wired & wireless connections and it told me that if you want wireless connection you have to buy a wireless modem. What's the difference between wireless and wired modems?

A modem is just a way to connect to your ISP. Its a router that provides you with the ability to share your internet with multiple computers. Some modems have routers built in. This is what most ISP's will give you. 

WiFI is half duplex meaning it can only communicate in one direction at a time, while Ethernet is full duplex and communicates in both direction. Wired is always better. You will generally get better speeds, reliability and security. 

I would have to say depending on your provider you problem got a modem/router combo that should be wireless. If have just a stand alone modem then you should be able to just buy a router at about any retail location. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.