OBS Streaming from two PC's

Go to solution Solved by Quix,

Hey there, so, I've been thinking on this for a while, and a lot of broadcasters use 2/3 PC's for streaming, normally they will have a gaming/encoding/stream monitoring pc setup, or just gaming and encoding. Now, when playing CPU intensive games I'm unable to stream at the same time (well at least) on my FX8350. So I was wondering, is it possible for me to seamlessly stream my desktop (centre monitor) source to my laptop without the use of a capture card? Thanks! :D 

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

No, you need a capture card.

And at that point you would be better off buying an i7 and replacing your old 8350.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You might be able to do something with Steam's streaming, or if you run an nvidia GPU you could use their gamestream + moonlight. However, doing this would take up some performance, either from your GPU or CPU. There also might be some AMD equivalent to gamestream, but I don't know if there is.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

No, you need a capture card.

And at that point you would be better off buying an i7 and replacing your old 8350.

Not sure I agree with the "buy an i7" thing. Most capture cards are 150-200 USD. Last time I checked i7s were around 350 USD. And considering he has an AMD motherboard, it'd end up being far more than the 150-200 for a capture card. 

15 minutes ago, HarryNyquist said:

Not sure I agree with the "buy an i7" thing. Most capture cards are 150-200 USD. Last time I checked i7s were around 350 USD. And considering he has an AMD motherboard, it'd end up being far more than the 150-200 for a capture card. 

1) you sell the 8350+mobo to get money back

2) used i7s can be found for 200-300

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

1) you sell the 8350+mobo to get money back

2) used i7s can be found for 200-300

1) I wouldn't sell my 8350 and mobo I'd use it for a pc at my dads.

2) I never buy CPU's used

Anyway, I do agree with what you said, I just don't have the money for either ;)@Quix's link looks good, but the problem is, my desktop is using the ethernet port and doesn't have a second one, nor am I going to compromise for my laptop's shitty wireless card, so, as of now, I have no solution yet ;)

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

You don't need to bridge the connections to do it, I tried it with a spare computer and they both had their own line from the router and it worked fine. 

26 minutes ago, Quix said:

You don't need to bridge the connections to do it, I tried it with a spare computer and they both had their own line from the router and it worked fine. 

Yeah, I figured this out earlier and got it working, thank you! :D