Droplets stuck on 2DS screen

pompom15

I dunked my 2DS in 70% isopropyl alcohol because it got water damage from the pool. Now there is little droplets under the screen. Will this harm my device?

print "Hello World"

i think you should buy a new device instead

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Btw the battery was out.

print "Hello World"

The droplets wont harm the device, but it really begs the question, what made you dip it in the alcohol? The device would probably have worked if you just left it to dry for 48 hours.

See this video:

I did. I just took this as an extra precautions because these are my only devices that belong to me that work. My PC has broken lvds cable.

1 minute ago, spidsepttk said:

The droplets wont harm the device, but it really begs the question, what made you dip it in the alcohol? The device would probably have worked if you just left it to dry for 48 hours.

See this video:

print "Hello World"

Just now, pompom15 said:

I did. I just took this as an extra precautions because these are my only devices that belong to me that work. My PC has broken lvds cable.

The alcahol could have further harmed the device. You could have tried to plug it in and turn it on after leaving it to dry.

Battery was dead have order one.

3 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

The alcahol could have further harmed the device. You could have tried to plug it in and turn it on after leaving it to dry.

print "Hello World"

The alcohol probably won't damage it, but the 30% that's not alcohol (water) might.  

But if your original post is referring to dried spots, then no -- the spots won't harm it any more than the liquid did. 

If it was new enough to have a warranty, it doesn't have one now. You might as well find a guide that shows you how to open it and clean it up. 

On August 2, 2016 at 8:16 PM, TheBestUserName said:

The alcohol probably won't damage it, but the 30% that's not alcohol (water) might.  

But if your original post is referring to dried spots, then no -- the spots won't harm it any more than the liquid did. 

If it was new enough to have a warranty, it doesn't have one now. You might as well find a guide that shows you how to open it and clean it up. 

I did open it up. The screw bit holding the motherboard seem to be hard to find. Becides warranty covers manufacturing defects only.

print "Hello World"

7 minutes ago, pompom15 said:

....Becides warranty covers manufacturing defects only.

I know. That's why I said what I did.