Comcast Capping Chicago

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Be thankful I have to deal with 40GB a month over here.

GG

270kbps ftw

22 hours ago, rattacko123 said:

1TB is not enough for 4k streaming. A 1080p movie from netflix uses about 20GB, so 4k would use about 80GB. If you watch like 13 movies in a month you are going to run out of data

20gigs is about the file size from a standard bluray and those have much higher bitrates than streaming services.

Those bluray files often have multiple audio tracks as well.

Netflix's FAQ estimates about 3gigs per hour for HD movies/tv shows and 7gigs for Ultra HD.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

Start cancelling your subscriptions people. You have to fight back. You have to show that you'd rather save your money and have no internet at all, than have half an internet.

It's the only way to beat the bastards. Don't count on Congress or your local government. Don't even count on the FCC, because during this election, when no one is looking, Congress WILL cut the FCC's balls off and allow the ISP's to do WHATEVER they want.

This will be a "bi-partisan' initiative. When no one is looking.

Remember, as someone else reminded me in the lawsuit thread

Neither do your "representatives"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 8/2/2016 at 2:40 AM, Castdeath97 said:

Be thankful I have to deal with 40GB a month over here.

GG

REALLY?

I have a higher data cap on my Phone.....(30gb).

I think i need to go back and check my privilage

Good thing I don't have Comcast... and data caps really need to die, like seriously they are just a money grab. "The typical Comcast customer uses about 67 GB per month" Well good for them, but I have a hard time believing this statistic isn't rigged(selective markets, certain time periods, etc.).

12 hours ago, RiteshSingh93 said:

REALLY?

I have a higher data cap on my Phone.....(30gb).

I think i need to go back and check my privilage

Actually that's the cap in my iPad! I use it as a main connection.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On August 1, 2016 at 11:40 PM, r3d3mpt10n said:

In SA I'm currently stuck on a 10mb/s adsl line,  with a 400gb anytime/1000gb nightime cap. It's quite difficult to actually utilise it and they know that.  However,  1tb should be easy to hit on fibre with p2p downloads 

EDIT:  Most ISPs here have "uncapped"  packages but the moment you hit the threshold they throttle you to a point where your line is unusable for anything other than email.  For a 10mbs line it's normally 200 or 250gb

What ISP you using? Im currently on a 4mb snowball fixed wireless uncapped, in the stellenbostch area. It means that my ping is slightly higher than usual (40-70 average) but no caps or throttling at all.

- snip-

22 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

What ISP you using? Im currently on a 4mb snowball fixed wireless uncapped, in the stellenbostch area. It means that my ping is slightly higher than usual (40-70 average) but no caps or throttling at all.

WebAfrica,  with a Home Pro Capped package,  and I have my line managed by them as well